Snow Peak Addiction

Lennart

Adventurer
Looking for recommendations on the SP double burner stove compared to just going with a Baha Burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the GS-220 and it has been my camping stove for years. Works equally well stand alone as fitted in the IGT. You use the lid as a wind screen. Full on you have plenty of power but you can use it to simmer as well. I have a cast iron griddle that fits on the two burners for nice Plancha dinners. You can raise or lower the cooking surface by rotating the metal potstands. Love it but yes, it will cost more to run than a big canister stove. Get the bag for it too, works very well 

Lennart

Adventurer
88d77c08824b0585fd763ef8006a509d.jpg

7db21c2967bc2c0faacaf1fd39d9ffe2.jpg

f9f59e1c26936d9b1cf421e493374c72.jpg

3d95734cce3d40391d78b0153de183cf.jpg

e014154867904dc39e6a8a6965737981.jpg

Dinner and a new carry case for the trusty BBQ box.

:D

Very nice, love the bag for the BBQ box 😎

Sawyer

Adventurer
They do, I have one.

I find wth the YDR straps and the long table strapped together, It gets tight. I've spoken to the blue ridge overland great about making a bag that has side zips to make t easier to load. If anyone else has interest, I'm sure he could make a couple.

Of course, Yuman made one too and I like his design, but unsure if he's still making.

You ever make any progress with Blue Ridge OG?

cactusjk

Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation. Decided to round out my SP collection with the 220!
I love the GS-220 and it has been my camping stove for years. Works equally well stand alone as fitted in the IGT. You use the lid as a wind screen. Full on you have plenty of power but you can use it to simmer as well. I have a cast iron griddle that fits on the two burners for nice Plancha dinners. You can raise or lower the cooking surface by rotating the metal potstands. Love it but yes, it will cost more to run than a big canister stove. Get the bag for it too, works very well 

cactusjk

Explorer
Anyone have experience with Backcountrygear.com? Do they really have SP gear in stock? Hard to tell from their site - might be misleading...

Honu

lost on the mainland
have used them for 3 orders of snowpeak product
cant remember for sure ? but think its the 24 hour ship is in stock ?

Anyone have experience with Backcountrygear.com? Do they really have SP gear in stock? Hard to tell from their site - might be misleading...

motoz

Adventurer
Motoz, which one of the many Drifta bags is that for the SP BBQ? Thanks.

Not 100% sure mate. I wanted a bag for it as it wouldn't fit in the SP bag. Luke said he wanted to make one anyway to add to his stock line. Mine was the trial one. Best to shoot them an email mate. They will make one no problems. Was $50AU from memory.

Do you have any info on the small knife? Looks interesting, as do the Snow Peak "tongs"!

The knife is an Opinel #8 I modded a while back. Handy little utility knife ;)

839ad2c9c20efb71066c7d2782740a5b.jpg

b8ed0743e0a5ab50f078f44221b089ed.jpg

Sheep foot blade, mustard patina.

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
motoz;2137659 The knife is an Opinel #8 I modded a while back. Handy little utility knife ;) [IMG said:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160807/839ad2c9c20efb71066c7d2782740a5b.jpg[/IMG]

b8ed0743e0a5ab50f078f44221b089ed.jpg

Sheep foot blade, mustard patina.

Very cool, nice looking blade!

Stitch

Jeff,
Just because BCGear has it on their webpage does not necessarily mean that they have it in stock. I have several items currently on backorder through them. Since I couldn't find it anywhere else, no big deal, but be forewarned.
Cheers,
Stitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior