Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
saw those when they came out ! very cool item
I am down to one 4 space though !!!
for me a few things I still want one is that new side mount setup so you can mount one of the boxes on the side !
and a good lower system for storing the lids and stuff

You're wouldn't happen to have an old windscreen floating around for a 3Unit IGT, would You?;)

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
I am down to one 4 space though !!!
for me a few things I still want one is that new side mount setup so you can mount one of the boxes on the side !
and a good lower system for storing the lids and stuff

Honu, would you be willing to post up dimensions/measurements of the windscreen? I'm looking into getting one fabbed up and investigating the cost of a small run to fit 4U & 3U IGTs. I too love the idea of the side box mount and have a few other accessory ideas I'm hoping to be able to economically make. Your lower shelf/lid system among the ideas.

Ragman

I am a 30 year Coleman user (with an MSR Whisperlight, Solo Stove, Firebox, Magma etc thrown in over the years) but once you buy them you don't really need to buy again. Enter my curiosity after reading ad nauseam (in the best way possible that is) about Snow Peak...has anyone ever added up the "cost" of reading this website???? I own stuff I never knew I needed...

The latest is the Snow Peak 3qt cast aluminum Caldero which I absolutely didn't need but wanted to see what all the Snow Peak love was about and REI had it on sale, which given it is Snow Peak is still not cheap. I just seasoned it and have not cooked in it but gotta say the casting seems flawless and the heat transfer during seasoning was very impressive. Does anyone use these aluminum calderas (or Dutch oven where I come from) and if so thoughts or tips as I have not used aluminum cookware since melting a hole in my fry pan during a week long trip to Quetico years ago.

So I have dipped my toe into the pond, let's see if I get sucked in!

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah can do :)
it might be after this weekend till I can do it ?

maybe ya can make it a touch better :)

Honu, would you be willing to post up dimensions/measurements of the windscreen? I'm looking into getting one fabbed up and investigating the cost of a small run to fit 4U & 3U IGTs. I too love the idea of the side box mount and have a few other accessory ideas I'm hoping to be able to economically make. Your lower shelf/lid system among the ideas.

Honu

lost on the mainland
only used the anodized GSI dutch ovens ? but I like those over the cast iron for camping these days
also have the anodized aluminum partner steel griddle that I wont bother with cast iron anymore ;)

weight and ease of cleaning along with never worrying about it if I leave it out over night etc..

I love cast iron just not for camping the way we camp anymore :)
I am a 30 year Coleman user (with an MSR Whisperlight, Solo Stove, Firebox, Magma etc thrown in over the years) but once you buy them you don't really need to buy again. Enter my curiosity after reading ad nauseam (in the best way possible that is) about Snow Peak...has anyone ever added up the "cost" of reading this website???? I own stuff I never knew I needed...

The latest is the Snow Peak 3qt cast aluminum Caldero which I absolutely didn't need but wanted to see what all the Snow Peak love was about and REI had it on sale, which given it is Snow Peak is still not cheap. I just seasoned it and have not cooked in it but gotta say the casting seems flawless and the heat transfer during seasoning was very impressive. Does anyone use these aluminum calderas (or Dutch oven where I come from) and if so thoughts or tips as I have not used aluminum cookware since melting a hole in my fry pan during a week long trip to Quetico years ago.

So I have dipped my toe into the pond, let's see if I get sucked in!

briferg

Observer
CK-175 - IGT connection hook.
d2e9c66dc4ab74e3298000503c59d13e.jpg

I have a pair of those they are really handy. Especially since you can't always get all of the legs you need. You also don't need that much support if you want the tables that close, 4 legs inches apart.

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer

Awesome!! Thank you. Give me any design suggestions you have and I'll see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer

I can look into some photos and dimensions as well. As for improvements. On mine, one side tends to to fit a bit loosely so it kind of wants to always slide away from the table. I think they should have been made to link together in the middle.

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah agree on link and then not be able to move side to side at all somehow :)

I can look into some photos and dimensions as well. As for improvements. On mine, one side tends to to fit a bit loosely so it kind of wants to always slide away from the table. I think they should have been made to link together in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94