Snow Peak Addiction

Hafwit

Adventurer
jerdog53,

Regarding the fireplace--If I didn't have a Pit-2-Go, I'd probably get a Snow Peak fireplace. The Pit-2-Go is no longer being made to my knowledge. It is a rather heavy piece of equipment, but it works very well for the intended use. I would regard the Snow Peak as being the next best option available.

In my opinion, the Snow Peak micro dutch ovens seem a little pricey. Also, for as small as they are, I think they would have limited practical use. I'd go with something larger and look at other manufacturers for better prices. While Snow Peak makes great things, I don't think their cast iron technology is any better than Lodge or anybody else

As for the chopsticks, the Snow Peaks are great. There are chopsticks from other companies that break down the same way and look similar, but I think that the ones from Snow Peak are nicer.

Cheers,
Greg

Salue

Adventurer
I have a couple of the chop sticks; one at work and in the camp kitchen. They're great! The chop sticks along with the titanium short spork, covers 90% of my eating utensil needs.

Cheers,
Salue

hochung

Adventurer
jerdog53,

Regarding the fireplace--If I didn't have a Pit-2-Go, I'd probably get a Snow Peak fireplace. The Pit-2-Go is no longer being made to my knowledge. It is a rather heavy piece of equipment, but it works very well for the intended use. I would regard the Snow Peak as being the next best option available.

Greg, do you have pictures of the Pit-2-Go when folded? I've only seen pictures of them being used. Do they fold up for transport?

In my opinion, the Snow Peak micro dutch ovens seem a little pricey. Also, for as small as they are, I think they would have limited practical use. I'd go with something larger and look at other manufacturers for better prices. While Snow Peak makes great things, I don't think their cast iron technology is any better than Lodge or anybody else

As for the chopsticks, the Snow Peaks are great. There are chopsticks from other companies that break down the same way and look similar, but I think that the ones from Snow Peak are nicer.

Cheers,
Greg

Pricey they may be, but I'd bet they would be a lot of fun to use.

I use my Snow Peak chopsticks mainly because they are FUN too.

DSC05599.jpg

Enjoy life a little. Have some fun! :)

Hafwit

Adventurer
Ho,
I will take some pictures of the Pit-2-Go when I get a chance and when it is light out. It folds up very nicely. On a different note, we had bibimbap tonight using the stone bowl--it turned out great. We will try it with some Persian rice tomorrow and see if it makes good tahdig too. I suspect the weekend weather will allow for use of the IGT.

Cheers,
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier