Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
interesting they had a gas grill years ago and it fizzled then the latest one and now a redesign?

but that new design looks pretty cool :)

cactusjk

Explorer
The CK prefix is the standard IGT item number while FES appears to be for limited release or give away items and is not necessarily IGT specific. I think it might stand for festival, and seems to be related to seasonal trade shows in Japan (maybe a fun time to get together and laugh about how they get all the good stuff?). The windscreens were made available again in 2016 under the FES- numbers, and are readily available on yahoo japan auctions as well as amazon.co.jp (although not for direct shipping to the USA). I've used a proxy service to order a windscreen and other hard to find items. There are a few different options, but fromjapan.co.jp is the one I used and I have been very satisfied with the service.

My order was also cancelled. They are apparently redesigning it for release in October.

View attachment 412042

Replaced grill with cast iron griddle plate. Also made some adjustment to the regulator.

They also delayed that water dispenser...

https://www.snowpeak.co.jp/sp/notice/notice_GS-355_UG-153.html

Great to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrys

Observer
Looks like it's going to be heavier! I like the metal grill, but I'm guessing it might have made cleanup a disaster on this unit...

briferg

Observer
If anyone is looking for the 2 burner gas stove I am going to sell mine. I decided after a few years if you don't use it - time to sell. I know the list price is $400 and they seem to be in stock right now, I am including the bag for a total of $375. The bag is $100 itself. I am not in a hurry, I am going away for almost a week tomorrow. When I get back I will take some photos. I have fired it up a couple of times but never really used it. I have only used the charcoal grills.

https://snowpeak.com/collections/stoves/products/double-burner-stove-gs-220?variant=671132453
https://snowpeak.com/products/double-burner-case-gs-220b?variant=671132697

Lennart

Adventurer
Went camping in France for a little over 2 weeks. Plenty of SP stuff to play with.
I opted for the 2 unit IGT and the multistand for more versatility and less luggage space.

I do love the setup of the double burner on the multistand.

3NddR1.jpg

TrLhK5.jpg

kIvkvq.jpg

It was good fun. I really enjoyed having the hanging rack space and of course the Stainless top for the MyTable. Pot proof and now almost weather proof.

I used the two unit frame before my holiday for the company BBQ. I used the Firecplace (of course) but it was time to bring out the big grill.

nWVw43.jpg

nx13RC.jpg

dCLEDS.jpg

nuVCIK.jpg

Whats not to love about pork belly :drool:
frojDQ.jpg

qpyUE6.jpg

But even cooking with the big grill and about 40 guests, prepwork was done here. Kudos to the IGT 2 unit :bowdown:

az8Gf3.jpg

Happy cooking :chef:

chrys

Observer
Looks sick! I love that old school grill. Tell me more about the nailing fish to a plank method of cooking! And finally, can you tell me what wood cutting block you have there?

Lennart

Adventurer
The wooden (bamboo) cutting block is made by a Belgian company called Point Virgule. It fits the IGT frame very nicely and has a smooth side and one with a juice groove.
I was asked before and checked but I don't think it is sold in the US. Pretty sure there are alternatives on your side of the pond.

Nailing fish to a plank is pretty much all there is to tell :)
It is the scandinavian way of cooking Salmon and by using a Ceder or in this case Oak plank you get moist and fragrent fish. Old school is perhaps to use wooden pegs or a clamp to hold the fish, but I just use nails. Works well ;). I love it and you can watch the flames whilst you wait. It doesn't get much better than that :D

chrys

Observer
Very cool. I live in Los Angeles, but I love Scandinavian culture and I'm very much into Nordic Noir film/TV... Definitely want to visit someday. Might have to give that fish plank a try!

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
How are the knives working out, Lennart?

Went camping in France for a little over 2 weeks. Plenty of SP stuff to play with.
I opted for the 2 unit IGT and the multistand for more versatility and less luggage space.

I do love the setup of the double burner on the multistand.

Lennart

Adventurer
How are the knives working out, Lennart?

I do like the set a lot as a travel set. In the box, they are easy to take anywhere, flat and secure.
The bread knife was great for French bread and is a joy to use. Can't fault it.

The chef's knife is of course used most. It slices and dices like it should. Perhaps only when cutting something hard (pushing down with force) I miss a bit more meat on the handle. I rarely use a paring knife but the times that I have, it worked well.

For my cooking the paring knife could be replaced with a filet knife and it would be all I needed (perhaps travel set 2.0 ;) ).

All in all I think it is what it says on the tin, an excellent (and good looking) travel set. Thanks for designing it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke