Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
Finally some new SP gear! Great stuff.

that tray thing is from some guy in Japan that makes cool stuff :) sadly not actual snow peak stuff but he modifies snow peak stuff like this :)
the link you can see some of his other stuff but maybe if some of us posted we want something like this to hold the BBQ lid and such :) we could get them to make it :)

Lennart

Adventurer
I contacted the guy from the Asobi-ya site but was unable to get a reply. I am learning Japanese at the moment, so perhaps in a couple of months I can contact him in his native tong. Maybe that will work better. First I have to learn Hiragana and Katakana :coffee:

I like the paper holder. Might have been nice to have some sort of 'roof' over het paper roll to prevent rain from soaking it but other than that it looks good.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have somebody thats wife is from Japan and he has a company and planning on moving back their :) might have to see if he can do something ? hmmmmmm

Jet111111

Camping Expert
I contacted the guy from the Asobi-ya site but was unable to get a reply. I am learning Japanese at the moment, so perhaps in a couple of months I can contact him in his native tong. Maybe that will work better. First I have to learn Hiragana and Katakana :coffee:

I like the paper holder. Might have been nice to have some sort of 'roof' over het paper roll to prevent rain from soaking it but other than that it looks good.

I agree a cover to protect the paper towel from rain would be ideal. I am sure someone on here can make something to do that.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I agree a cover to protect the paper towel from rain would be ideal. I am sure someone on here can make something to do that.

Joey any thought on something like I showed the pic of being made to hold the BBQ lid and or the inserts ?
cause the lid can be one of those where do I put it now :)

Last edited:

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Is anyone still making the valves to run the Baja on propane?

This link is to an excellent Japanese shop which specializes in designing and engineering superbly made valves and adapters to enable refilling and the use of differing butane and propane cylinders with stoves/cookers/lamps.

Just use the online translation program of your choice (unless you read Japanese).

I've bought two of their valve adapters and they are of outstanding quality.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
This link is to an excellent Japanese shop which specializes in designing and engineering superbly made valves and adapters to enable refilling and the use of differing butane and propane cylinders with stoves/cookers/lamps.

Just use the online translation program of your choice (unless you read Japanese).

I've bought two of their valve adapters and they are of outstanding quality.

Forget that... did you see the propane rice cooker -- AWESOME! And only $315.00 too! :rolleyes:

http://tumekaekun.com/SHOP/kogamaru_nset.html

Honu

lost on the mainland
saw that rice cooker and want really bad :)
the island side of me lives for rice cookers ;) ahhahahahahaha

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Snow Peak in action at SoCal Mountain Rendezvous

Photos by Chris Bradley

DSC4622-XL.jpg

DSC4627-XL.jpg

DSC4657-XL.jpg

DSC4663-XL.jpg

DSC4672-XL.jpg

DSC4676-XL.jpg

DSC4685-XL.jpg

DSC4692-XL.jpg

DSC4703-XL.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
Put the IGT and fireplace to good use last weekend. I had decided on making a couple of fresh sausages and venison on an outing of our grill community. What better portable kitchen than the IGT :)

the mise en place
sausage_making.jpg

Teaching a youngun how to make sausage
sausage_making3.jpg

And grilling a small batch of them on a swivel grill over the fireplace....fennel sausages, sausages with blue cheese and ouma's boerewors
sausage_swivel.jpg

I had lots of fun and loads of food :wings:

Honu

lost on the mainland
my addiction to Espresso is as much as Snow Peak gear I imagine :)

going to update my grinder to a Pharos though :) been wanting that since it came out but this little guy has also worked well

campespresso.jpg

Frisman

Observer
snow peak bbq box

Hi all; My name is Frisly. I'm a silent reader for a long time. Joined a couple of weeks back. I love fishing. do a lot of truck camping and family camping. live in New York. Order my first snow peak product small bbq grill. is taking for ever to arrive but Monday is the day. I've reading in this site a lot of comments on this products and any other advice will be appreciated. Also next on my list is a partner stove. my old coleman stove needs a replacement and been thinking about this stove for a while. again thanks for all the advice about this products on this site. Can't wait to start grilling... I guess I can call it a early Birthday gift and the stove will be a Christmas gift...From me to me:jumping:
Fris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94