Snow Peak Addiction

chrys

Observer
On the second photo you can sort of see the tag. Looks like a snow peak logo to me... I just ordered an official snow peak green one from Westerlind in NY. Found them on a google search...

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 5.50.46 PM.jpg

chrys

Observer
I am reading the camp chair thread and saw that you also got the low beach chair, what are your thoughts, Honu?

Honu

lost on the mainland
they are really nice chairs
canvas was really nice feeling without feeling itchy or plasticy like some can feel
the bottom part you sit on is quite firm so you dont sink into it much or meaning its taught feeling where some camp chairs that fold have a non taught feeling ? if that makes sense and will if you get one :)
I like low chairs for lounging because your feet can kinda slide out in front of you and relax a bit more than taller chairs

the only downside for me was once again the pack size and going with the helinox ones saved us on that they pack down smaller than say the ALPS but not a lot smaller so with 4 of us the size was still a issue if that is not a worry then wont be a issue I am obsessive to say the least :) hahaahahahah

I do think they are the nicest lower folding style chair and do pack a bit smaller than most and do feel way better quality than other folders so for me was purely size of having 4 of them with us :)

hope that helps some :) but if you get one for sure write it up :)

I have went through a ton of chairs to me one really has to own them and use them a few times I think to decide what is comfy and not one reason I have bought so many chairs :)

I am reading the camp chair thread and saw that you also got the low beach chair, what are your thoughts, Honu?

chrys

Observer
Nice, thanks for the info... I have one on the way after much deliberation on a new camp chair. My only real concern is the seat height but I'll see how it goes when I receive it. I have been using the Kelty deluxe chair but it always pinches my legs and isn't all that comfortable overall...

chrys

Observer
It looks to me like the same exact chair...

Maybe that means a new shipment in general for the 5th? Those new stoves look nice, but I'm already pretty set with my litemax titanium...

Honu

lost on the mainland
the new stove seems like trying to solve a solution that did not exist ?
larger and heavier than current back pack models ?

Lennart

Adventurer
We were out camping this weekend and of course we took the SP fireplace.

Chicken liver in parsley salsa anyone?

id7yyW.jpg

tvPwxt.jpg

Also used the grillplate to make a avocado/tuna/cilantro sandwich......yummie :chef:

1fwvNo.jpg

And the wife took care of the veggies :)
She made a nice dip for the asparagus with cream cheese and anchovies. Salty but good.

Q5dKSG.jpg

Oh and yes, you can never have too much wood when you are camping :camping:

chrys

Observer
Looks fun, can't wait to get out there soon. I surfed Leo Carrillo this weekend and could smell all the camping BBQs from the water!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier