Snow Peak Addiction

jerdog53

Explorer
Ka Ma Te Ka Ma Te Ka ORA Ka Ora Teni Te Tan Gata Puhuri Huru Nana Te Tiki Atu Whaka Whiti Tera Ahu Pane Ahu Pane Kau Pane Whiti Te Ra He!!!!

cactusjk

Explorer
Ryan,

Sent you a PM. To mount both sides do I need two sets of table straps?
The latest and greatest. This version of the IGT strap system allows you to attach legs to the IGT when they are too long to fit inside the space in the IGT.this one holds 14 legs. With a little tinkering I might be able to do 16. The photos show the versatility of the system.
View attachment 199944View attachment 199945View attachment 199947View attachment 199948View attachment 199952View attachment 199955View attachment 199958View attachment 199959View attachment 199960

Honu

lost on the mainland
obsessed or insane :) ahhaahah

SP has a list of dealers and even pics of some of them on there Japan site
I would just look up the popular sport stores seen some pics online and they are quite large and pretty nice
also check out some of the uniflame japan stuff !!!!
http://www.uniflame.co.jp
they have a cool small stainless top table with wood trim edges that I want to get at some point

some links back buried I posted to this Japanese guy that does a lot of mods and makes things like coleman fit into IGT tables and so on also he was the guy that got the idea going of built in storage in he IGT that SP then created on there own

and welcome to expo :)

You guys are certifiably insane. Pleased to meet you. I got to page 70, skipped to the end. BUT I WILL GO BACK AND FINISH THIS BOOK!

Here's my SnowPeak back story: I've been a fan and user of SnowPeak stuff for about 15 years or so. Used to work in sales for the original distributor in NZ. We sold exactly nothing to the retailers in our network, because the prices were so crazy! So I scored a Field Cooker set and basically all the Trek Ti series at cost out of our sample stock, and have been very happy with them. Added a couple of things along the way, most notably the field kitchen sashimi knife.

Anyway, roll along 15 years and a couple of kids, and I'm in Qatar. Where I learn to BBQ with charcoal. Got myself a Weber kettle, think I'm pretty cool. Wifey decides we're going to Japan this Christmas, for skiing. Soo, I recall that as being the home of SnowPeak, rock up to their website to see what's new, and discover the Iron Grill Table. Go to research that and find this thread. OH ****! I really thought I'd escaped my stove addiction! I have about 40 kerosene pressure stoves back in my garage in NZ, and now this? ****** have you guys done to my head?

Anyone know the best place to buy SnowPeak in Japan? I'll make sure the "best" ski resort is real close....

Cheers, I guess,
Tom

cactusjk

Explorer
We definitely need some of his gear!
not sure if you ever saw this guys stuff
posted this a while ago I am pretty sure he came up with it and SP copied it ;) hope they gave him something for it

http://translate.googleusercontent....ucts/&usg=ALkJrhge9Td4l8aqOsDb6a6KHgbU7HLUcQl

like the punched basket Idea would be good for cleaning up have one solid fill up wash and then a rinse one then a mesh one to dry the stuff in ;)

still want this
http://translate.googleusercontent....0.html&usg=ALkJrhi_Q7-83FHw0zIptruRFe0S7XHPNQ

and he has one that goes down so you can put your lids in a holder !!!! which would be cool since often I am like OK where do I put my lid with the BBQ box :)
so maybe this modified to hold the BBQ lid
http://translate.googleusercontent....3.html&usg=ALkJrhjpWN8N3lubZ-6q9rw5D_2-j_V2GQ

but more like the one in this pic with the rod material
View attachment 201409

briferg

Observer
These Links

The Google Translate links.
They seem to only work if you are using the Chrome browser. I had to switch over to see the content. No biggie.

trailscape

Explorer
Are the wide IGT leg pads still available?

I believe I was told they were discontinued last I tried to order them. I think it was from Expedition Exchange. I'm pretty sure though that some standard table leg threads will fit if you can find ones you like.

Honu

lost on the mainland
these came off a piece of furniture at Ikea :) the besta line but might be worth seeing if you can get stock best replacement feet maybe ?
they wont be stainless or anything but they seem to work a touch shorter thread length as you can see
snowpeak4sale-4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior