Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
agree no harm and a great option :) especially if you can come up with some cool colors and the stuff I reckon would outlast the bamboo when exposed to moisture !!!!!
and true for sure cut a apple up kinda thing its right there already :)

we all have our ways of doing things :) and what we find works for us does not for others :) just sharing :)

just to get the brain thinking of other ideas :)
the partner stove thing sure you saw my signature link and saw the way I did my partner steel stove but I had it made without the screen but guess you could take it off ? for me at least I like it cause its more flush and works out well rather than sitting up taller but the windscreen has to come off :)
I do find the lid really handy as a prep tray etc.. which I have toward the end of that thread :)
also at least for me I am not a fan of putting something in like a tray then a stove on it ? just me :) so prefer the built in mount ideas for sure post what you come up with when ya do :)

PS_IGT-2.jpg

in use (older pic) and I dont use that griddle anymore :) I got the partner griddle !! LOVE that partner griddle they have works so so nice
but that same level is nice when moving something say from the BBQ to the griddle and just having the work surface all the same level :) I do want to get a bigger gas grill in there this year some time :)

5_13_06.jpg

will be cool to see what you do with the inserts for sure :)

I'm talking about the S size (11" x 14") which I assume is the small, single unit. Epicurean charges $34 for that size + a $25 custom fee per board. That's where my total $ came from. I however am going to use my own vendor and we will use 1/4" material.

Keep in mind that Richlite is also a countertop material in addition to being a cutting board material so there's really no harm in making it an IGT insert. I hear what you're saying and I agree it's good to have individual cutting boards in addition to an insert but in my mind you can't have too many cutting surfaces. We'll see how it goes. I have past profession experience in working in restaurant kitchens and I have been doing product design and development professionally for the past 14 years so I'm sure that between the two I can figure out what works best for me. ;)

I just got my IGT table last year so I'm very much in the process of tuning my layout. I have a 20" Partner Stove that I'm also trying to integrate into the table as well. It's a little awkward with the non-removable windscreen so that's another problem to solve as well.

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
Honu, and others with experience with the BBQ box...

I like the idea of everyone sitting around the IGT table with the BBQ box in the middle, and eating off the additional leaves that slide into the IGT tracks. But I am wondering about the heat being thrown off the BBQ box under the table. Is it noticeable? I picture my ladies in summer shorts, burning their knees or otherwise being uncomfortable in close proximity to the BBQ box...

Just wanting some real world experience before I plunk down the cash for the shorter legs and the box.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
The included legs on the BBQ box are only like 2 inches high and I've used it on picnic tables with no issues, so I imagine it couldn't be too hot. I've not tried the config you mention, but looking forward to doing so now that I have some shorter legs too.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have a set of the low legs 16 inch and use them kinda like that but not sitting height since its lower than our knees but never notice the heat with my feet kinda under the thing ?
if you touch the box you get burnt of course :) so I might say though with the extensions you wont be that under it anyway and kinda sitting leaning in I imagine ?
we use the helinox chairs and end up sitting kinda cross legged in the front more than stretched out if that makes sense but fun way to eat :)
one reason I really want that Jikaro setup one day :)

ya know what I might do is put the legs on then maybe just twist tie or zip tie a small something maybe a small cheap cooling rack or something ? would be like a guard and then for sure no worries

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I love what you did with the Partner Stove bracket. Which Partner Stove model do you have? I much prefer the direction you have taken where the stove is flush mounted. Unfortunately the 20" model does not fit as well as yours. It has one long piano hinge at the back of the lid/windscreen. I considered ordering it without the hinge so that I could install quick release hinges instead but I just ended up ordering it as is. I got the 20" stove because I like more room between the burners. The handle in the front also interferes a little.

agree no harm and a great option :) especially if you can come up with some cool colors and the stuff I reckon would outlast the bamboo when exposed to moisture !!!!!
and true for sure cut a apple up kinda thing its right there already :)

we all have our ways of doing things :) and what we find works for us does not for others :) just sharing :)

just to get the brain thinking of other ideas :)
the partner stove thing sure you saw my signature link and saw the way I did my partner steel stove but I had it made without the screen but guess you could take it off ? for me at least I like it cause its more flush and works out well rather than sitting up taller but the windscreen has to come off :)
I do find the lid really handy as a prep tray etc.. which I have toward the end of that thread :)
also at least for me I am not a fan of putting something in like a tray then a stove on it ? just me :) so prefer the built in mount ideas for sure post what you come up with when ya do :)

PS_IGT-2.jpg

in use (older pic) and I dont use that griddle anymore :) I got the partner griddle !! LOVE that partner griddle they have works so so nice
but that same level is nice when moving something say from the BBQ to the griddle and just having the work surface all the same level :) I do want to get a bigger gas grill in there this year some time :)

5_13_06.jpg

will be cool to see what you do with the inserts for sure :)

DesertSand05

Observer
Would you say the Partner griddle is better than a non-stick one?

Just got a 22" partner stove through the group buy and want to get a griddle for it. An easy-non stick surface is more important to me than a perfect fit.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I would say yes by a mile :)
have not had sticking issues I just use a bit of peanut oil before pancakes or grilled sandwiches, eggs etc..
also I use metal tools and never have to worry about scratching it up when storing etc. for me durability in camp gear is also nice to have :)
only thing that I have to some times soak a clean on is Fajitas or cheese steak sandwiches something where I have the temp cranked up and get a bit of brown but it comes clean so easy way way way easier than cast iron and of course not quite as easy as non stick which you can just wipe but IMHO I would not be using the non stick that high of heat :)
and then I just put a bit of water in there let it heat up dump off the water and use paper towels to wipe out if any little areas stick a bit of a rub and its off
not as heavy as cast iron either and sides are tall enough I don't loose food

if you get the griddle get the size they recommend for that stove as you don't want to use a larger griddle on them as they can heat up and melt the o-rings if you trap all the heat under it not a big deal never had a issue :) just good to know since fit is important with the partner steel :)

have to take some good cook pics next time out some quick snapshots here though
kinda hard to see the brown left under the dog ? but I was doing cheese steak meat my kid who did not want a cheese steak sandwich HORROR but he likes them now :) ahhahaha
under my snowpeak grill cover is the cheese steak meat but gives you a idea maybe with something as sticky as the cheese and steak etc.. that its pretty clean still :)
2015-05-23_(13-41-23).jpg

and the sandwich :)
2015-05-23_(13-54-38).jpg

Would you say the Partner griddle is better than a non-stick one?

Just got a 22" partner stove through the group buy and want to get a griddle for it. An easy-non stick surface is more important to me than a perfect fit.

DesertSand05

Observer
I ended up ordering the griddle, I was hoping the snow peak double burner bag would fit it, but no luck. Any suggestions for carrying the 22" griddle around?

Wish there was an option to store the stove and the griddle together.

JamesC

Adventurer
Honu, and others with experience with the BBQ box...

I like the idea of everyone sitting around the IGT table with the BBQ box in the middle, and eating off the additional leaves that slide into the IGT tracks. But I am wondering about the heat being thrown off the BBQ box under the table. Is it noticeable? I picture my ladies in summer shorts, burning their knees or otherwise being uncomfortable in close proximity to the BBQ box...

Just wanting some real world experience before I plunk down the cash for the shorter legs and the box.

Sorry no experience on the short legs but we eat like this on the standard 660 legs and kermit chairs around the single BBQ box pretty often. We really enjoy this style of eating. We usually sit it right in the middle of a 3 unit and eat directly from it. I'm 6' and have long legs and have never burned anything, same for my 5'4 wife. The first few times I re-inserted it's little legs as a buffer but never felt we needed them so don't bother any longer. I'm trying to remember if the bottom even gets very hot - for sure I've had a hand touch HOT along the top edge and the lid but nothing at all from the base hanging under the IGT.

We've had the bbq box cooking on a cutting board without any sign of a mark or heat. I think the inner tray and air gap insulate the outer skin from too much heat?

Riptide

Explorer
Sorry no experience on the short legs but we eat like this on the standard 660 legs and kermit chairs around the single BBQ box pretty often. We really enjoy this style of eating. We usually sit it right in the middle of a 3 unit and eat directly from it. I'm 6' and have long legs and have never burned anything, same for my 5'4 wife. The first few times I re-inserted it's little legs as a buffer but never felt we needed them so don't bother any longer. I'm trying to remember if the bottom even gets very hot - for sure I've had a hand touch HOT along the top edge and the lid but nothing at all from the base hanging under the IGT.

We've had the bbq box cooking on a cutting board without any sign of a mark or heat. I think the inner tray and air gap insulate the outer skin from too much heat?

Thanks James and others, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I was thinking of making a mount for the bbq box so that the box ran lengthwise with the table. I'll try it out when I finally get it. Still have to buy or make some slide-in sides for the table...

I honestly don't understand Snow Peak's business model.

Honu

lost on the mainland
trust me I have tried I reckon it comes down to its Japanese culture/style which then puts it into the whole other mind set you cant have unless you live in that country :) and the US one is just along for the ride as to what it brings in ? which is always lacking !!!!

the one thing that gets me is the Japanese have some really cool stuff IMHO anyways for camping like the camp fire table kinda thing that goes around a camp fire set your feet up put your coffee cup on etc.. and even companies like Coleman make them :)
https://ec.coleman.co.jp/item/IS00060N02499.html
uniflame has a cool one that can extend http://www.uniflame.co.jp/product/683170

companies like Japan Uniflame have some cool items :)
I want this table :) http://www.uniflame.co.jp/product/682104
like this no idea how or what recipes I would use but its cool to see what others do :) http://www.uniflame.co.jp/product/665749

also on tons of the blogs I see smokers being used a lot !
http://www.uniflame.co.jp/product_cat/p_smoker

then again there camping there is quite dif than ours I check out a ton of Japan and Korean camp blogs and its quite fun to see what they do the one common thing is dutch oven and BBQ :)

kinda what you want with a table with center BBQ exists common over there :) again coleman even has them a nice table with center area for BBQ pit to drop into :)
https://ec.coleman.co.jp/item/IS00060N04983.html

I honestly don't understand Snow Peak's business model.

motoz

Adventurer
trust me I have tried I reckon it comes down to its Japanese culture/style which then puts it into the whole other mind set you cant have unless you live in that country :) and the US one is just along for the ride as to what it brings in ? which is always lacking !!!!

the one thing that gets me is the Japanese have some really cool stuff IMHO anyways for camping like the camp fire table kinda thing that goes around a camp fire set your feet up put your coffee cup on etc..

Agreed.

There are some truly fantastic craftsmen over there making some functional art pieces.

http://eng.sho-s.jp/product.html

Some of these titanium grills are brilliant.

LR4TQ

can someone make me a windscreen for a IGT 4? Also a carrying case for the table, legs, etc? It's been a journey collecting all things SP...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier