Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yes sir !

201205pinksteren12.jpg

I have a potjie number 3 on top of it in this picture. It will hold several sizes of DO. It looks similar to the half grill basket S-029HD but it is sturdier/heavier steel.
This is the small Dutch Oven insert but I have never seen the large in real life anywhere.

Regards,

Lennart

P.S. I think I got the last 2 half IGT baskets and the only chiri tori pot from stock. Gomenasai :)

Yeah I think that answers any doubts about if it will hold a Dutch oven. Lola

They have more. You just have to call them to get them to add it to your order. I don't know why it's so hard for them to add it to their website permanently?

Ramjet

Explorer
The reason why they don't add it to the website is the that they have such low quantity of the product that it's actually counter intuitive to do so. I would to sit down with all of the Snow Peak lovers over a beer and explain it all to you, but I just can't do it. I've been in the outdoor industry for a few years now, and it's not as simple as you think. You have to realize that all products come from Japan and they have to bring in products that make sense for our market, and when they finally do, it's almost impossible for,them to maintain stock, due to,the fact that everything gets allocated to Japan first. I hope this helps explain in for you all.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The reason why they don't add it to the website is the that they have such low quantity of the product that it's actually counter intuitive to do so. I would to sit down with all of the Snow Peak lovers over a beer and explain it all to you, but I just can't do it. I've been in the outdoor industry for a few years now, and it's not as simple as you think. You have to realize that all products come from Japan and they have to bring in products that make sense for our market, and when they finally do, it's almost impossible for,them to maintain stock, due to,the fact that everything gets allocated to Japan first. I hope this helps explain in for you all.

Makes sense......

MMD3

For all of you new BBQ box owners.... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND looking into getting one of these.

Do these help primarily with airflow or just with getting the coals elevated closer to the grill?

Also, I hear you're the guy to talk to about IGT straps. Do you have any info on them?

Honu

lost on the mainland
MMD3 straps start about here :) http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58091-Snow-Peak-Addiction?p=1433916#post1433916
then keep going and lots of pics next few pages

edited forgot the link to where the strap threads about start :) ahahahah DOHHH

Ryan or Yuman Desert Rat makes them :) super nice to have
I made my own some time ago but they were very home made his are more like a real part :) and quality of SP so worth getting !

the riser does the air thing ? I don't have one but want one maybe I have a piece I use at times now and works :)

Do these help primarily with airflow or just with getting the coals elevated closer to the grill?

Also, I hear you're the guy to talk to about IGT straps. Do you have any info on them?

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
straps start about here :)
Ryan or Yuman Desert Rat makes them :) super nice to have
I made my own some time ago but they were very home made his are more like a real part :) and quality of SP so worth getting !

the riser does the air thing ? I don't have one but want one maybe I have a piece I use at times now and works :)

Thanks, HONU!! The riser DOES help with airflow, tremendously!
As far as straps.... It might be a little while but I WILL be making them again. I have quite a few people patiently waiting. As soon as I'm done recovering from my surgery I'll be back in assembly mode. I have a few items that I'm looking to create as well. In the meantime shoot me a PM and we can start planning out your build and I'll put you in the queue. Thanks!

madmax718

Explorer

Guess I'll just have to fly overnight to japan and get one?

cactusjk

Explorer
SP says they are out of the small bags UG-078 and hadn't planned on reordering since no one here uses them! I told Peggy the Baja Burner fits perfectly along with the CK-025 boxes so she is reordering!

chrys

Observer
I must have gotten one of the last UG-078 bags in that case, phew!

I am in line for Yuman's straps, too... Hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Lennart

Adventurer
Took the Snow Peak fireplace with me on holiday last week and did some grilling :chef:
Eet smakelijk :)

borzi.jpg

k7cz.jpg

v3e9.jpg

m82fk.jpg

yqjs.jpg

vrhi.jpg

3f23.jpg

qtr7.jpg

ztwt.jpg

y7syu.jpg

apzd.jpg

b7fo.jpg

sn6k.jpg

3hy9d.jpg

Time to relax
l4s8.jpg

Watch the fire and stare at the coals
wxpv.jpg

1nsm.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Lennart,

The food looks fantastic!! You're making me hungry! :)
I just picked up a medium fireplace. No if SP would just start selling the grilling doo-dads again..... :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior