Snow Peak Addiction

Umnak

Adventurer
Snow Peak Pack and Carry Fireplace

We did a first fire on the small pack and carry fireplace from Snow Peak today. Set up a tarp to slow down the rain dripping in the forest. I brought some cedar scraps and some 2x4 butts which burned well. Very impressed with the fireplace's utility. It burns hot and doesn't scorch the ground; the legs remained cool to the touch even when the fire was at its peak.
The small sized fireplace seems sufficient to use for cooking and provides a comforting fire.

This is a link to the middle of the set of images on my flickr site. https://www.flickr.com/photos/umnak/15371332351/in/photostream/

And here is a sampleSnow Peak Fireplace.jpg

jerdog53

Explorer
We did a first fire on the small pack and carry fireplace from Snow Peak today. Set up a tarp to slow down the rain dripping in the forest. I brought some cedar scraps and some 2x4 butts which burned well. Very impressed with the fireplace's utility. It burns hot and doesn't scorch the ground; the legs remained cool to the touch even when the fire was at its peak.
The small sized fireplace seems sufficient to use for cooking and provides a comforting fire.

This is a link to the middle of the set of images on my flickr site. https://www.flickr.com/photos/umnak/15371332351/in/photostream/

And here is a sampleView attachment 249038

This is next!

Honu

lost on the mainland
nice :) wish we did not have so many fire bans :)

And here is a sampleView attachment 249038

Umnak

Adventurer
You should live where there is rain....

Oh, I don't know, sometimes the rain becomes a challenge. We are at 28% above normal and the rainy season is just starting here in Juneau. Now have over 50 inches for the year. The fireplace was set up under the tarp!

Under the tarp.jpg

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
I am slowing building a Snow Peak collection, and thus quickly fanning my Snow Peak addiction! I was lucky enough to recently receive the Cast Iron Duo Cooker set (http://snowpeak.com/products/cast-iron-duo-cooker) for a wedding gift and am looking for some recipes well suited to the set! It's just the two of us for the moment, so a small meal for two ;) Let me know what you are cooking in Snow Peak cast iron!

Cheers!

Lennart

Adventurer
Last weekend we had great weather so went out with some mates to do a spot of grilling. Don't leave home without your SP gear :chef:

Here is my version of a lamb saté :)

RikNHS.jpg

JFCP19.jpg

IpjUKs.jpg

QqhE5N.jpg

zlP1NQ.jpg

LR4TQ

any of you leave your SP gear as permanent outdoor furniture? I am thinking about doing this but unsure how well it'll handle long term?

Honu

lost on the mainland
some of mine is outside a lot others not so much the IGT is pretty basic but mine is under cover
I am wanting to make a outside table and put in aluminum rails so I can use my charcoal box and stuff in it

any of you leave your SP gear as permanent outdoor furniture? I am thinking about doing this but unsure how well it'll handle long term?

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Anyone have a recommendation on using a cast iron Dutch oven with an IGT? I'd like to see if there is any kind of insert that could make it function like a Dutch oven table. Similar idea to the tembo tusk table?

I just don't want to carry another table just for that.

While we are talking IGT inserts - let's see what you do for sinks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier