Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
And it took three of us to put it together. It took about 45 mins to set everything in it. If it was just two people, I could see it taking awhile to put up and take down.

hahaha I bet it took a bit :) seems cool though

I know our tent takes a bit to setup and get everything in it etc.. but I try to move at island speed :) when setting up :)

Lennart

Adventurer
Lennart,

The lounge shell and inside inserts will set you back 4k. Just to let you know. It's nice, but price is way up there.

Wow, this was probably priced before the Yen took a dive :)
I am sure I would love the shelter, but could I convince my wife we need to sell the house and live in the shelter permanently? mmmmmm :rolleyes:

kalieaire

Observer
Finally got the missing piece in my IGT, the Baja Burner. Its slightly used, but the wait was killing me. Snow Peak needs to get its act together.
The quality is fine, but 6 to 8 months wait is simply not acceptable.

It's not so much Snow Peak's fault, but the company that sells Snow Peak gear in the USA, Snowpeak.com. After REI pulled most of the gear out of their stores from lack of sales (it was all the REI employees purchasing stuff at cost so they weren't helping) Snow Peak USA stopped carrying stuff and only ship stuff from Japan whenever there's a pre-order. The irony is if you went to Japan to purchase the GS-1000, it's only $380 for a brand new one vs the $499 USD for one from the USA. And the Land Lock Tent is actually 1300, not 1800.

Honu

lost on the mainland
some things have really gone up at the US store for some reason ? and the prices did not change at the JP store ? so something is going on ?

but still most of it is great stuff :) especially the IGT stuff

5_13_01.jpg

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
some things have really gone up at the US store for some reason ? and the prices did not change at the JP store ? so something is going on ?

but still most of it is great stuff :) especially the IGT stuff

5_13_01.jpg

real nice picture:)
The IGT height adjuster is a great adition in order to create a work area for the kids.

Honu

lost on the mainland
real nice picture:)
The IGT height adjuster is a great adition in order to create a work area for the kids.
Thanks
Yeah they are pretty cool :)
New item for this trip since our new chairs :) so ended up cutting a set of my 660 down to to 570 which worked out for proper height for the chairs and allowed the height adjusters to work :) Put more pics in my sig link post :)

All that grilling goodness right there, and the kid chooses gold fish and chex mix. Lol. :)

Kids!
Yup !

Amazing he does not like eggs at home as much ?
But cooked them up in Bacon grease and he loved them
morning Breakfast
5_13_06.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
Got to say we get almost as much wows thats cool for our landlock tent as we did our trailer
Lucky we bought it when prices matched the JP Yen :)
5_13_07.jpg

Salue

Adventurer
So, I went back to exchange my 2 unit IGT and 660 legs for the 3 unit and 830 legs a few weeks ago but they were/are currently out of the 3 unit so am waiting for them to get back in stock. I notice some have the 3 and others the 4; what was the reason for you selecting the 3 vs 4 unit or vice versa? Trying to decide if I really want the 3 or 4 unit.

Cheers,
Salue

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
So, I went back to exchange my 2 unit IGT and 660 legs for the 3 unit and 830 legs a few weeks ago but they were/are currently out of the 3 unit so am waiting for them to get back in stock. I notice some have the 3 and others the 4; what was the reason for you selecting the 3 vs 4 unit or vice versa? Trying to decide if I really want the 3 or 4 unit.

Cheers,
Salue

The 4 unit allows you to store the 660 legs inside the frame, not so on the 3 unit. This makes for a thinner profile when packing. I had a 3 unit and switched to the 4 unit for this reason as well as having the extra space with the 4 unit.

The only plus I can see with the 3 unit is depending on where you are going to store it you might be able to fit this smaller unit into a space where the 4 unit will not fit(i.e. the 3 unit will fit length wise I believe in the back of a 4 door Jeep wrangler. The 4 unit will not even fit sideways in my Jeep. Most have the 4 unit. Just my .02

Honu

lost on the mainland

Cheers,
Salue

ditto the legs inside the frame packs flat but I also have 2 of the 2 units but might sell one of them ?

for small single things the 2 unit is nice the 4 unit might as well get everything in it :) I like having a 2 burner and grill or both grills ?
also the windscreen fits the 4 unit not sure if they make a 3 unit wind screen ? dont use it all the time but seems like I have to stick it on at some point so I might just start putting it on from the get go ! same thing with the bamboo tables we can squeeze in on a long one but not the shorter and it fits with the 4 space

we stuck the cutting boards inside the IGT frame and made a really long table setup for our girls Bday party :)
so the extra length to fit 12 girls at the craft table came in handy :)
just wrapped it with gift paper and turned out quite well for the party
igtbday.jpg

Salue

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing your experiences and reasoning for going the size you chose; decisions decisions.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier