Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
So how can we in the US order Drifta parts? I emailed them with no response.

Most likely. I was going to order the single BBQ boxes from them earlier this year, since there were none to be had in the US at the time. The shipping was going to be expensive, but the favorable exchange rate almost made it a wash.

They were pretty good about getting back to me with a quote...

DonTom

Back in January, I was in Tokyo, all excited over my big haul of SP gear. Got it back to Qatar, unboxed it, got our marching orders back to NZ! Just managed to get my local tent guy to make me a nice bag for my IGT4, 2 sets of legs and 4 shelves:
bdbd3b9930ddfae2d326e1294b72da38.jpg
edfa6392a82735330de1d00c605107f6.jpg

And all the rest (BBQ box, Baja burner, Single Unit SS box, GS1000 etc fitted neatly in a desert tucker box that was due for a makeover anyway:
0292964c9dc8b014658c50d96d6d0780.jpg
d591feb33cff98cb33171a23915ba1e6.jpg

Spring is here in Central Otago, so NZ christened it with Yakiniku wild venison this evening:
95679a67ebd36be594ec683605ec0f6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I have an IGT 3-unit "standing set" (830 legs). Recently upgraded to a 4-u and this has to go. Great condition all around.

07bb7e14f0b3188e2cefc8a32b9ddc2c.jpg
20d465ce5c2eb6a0eceb9f3c4c8b20a2.jpg

Offering it up here first before going to the mainstream in my garage sale post. $150 PayPal FF.

Located in Topsfield, MA and can ship on your dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDragon

Hi Guys,

I have a (silly) question related to the GigaPower 2 Way Torch. Most of the photos I see online the torch is used for starting fires/charcoal. I'm wondering can the torch be used indoors to sear meat (the nozzle does not release poorly-burned fuel, etc.)
Thanks!

cactusjk

Explorer
I think one of the best recent additions to the IGT has been Tembo Tusk's Scottle Insert. If you don't have a Scottle it is worth looking into.

Riptide

Explorer
SP table brackets

All,

Like everyone on this thread, I have been totally frustrated at Snow Peak's inability to bring anything of any quantity over here to the US. Many of us have half-finished IGT setups that lack one thing or another. If I didn't really like the few things that I have already, I would totally chuck their **** off a cliff, hopefully hitting the headquarters skylight on the way down. I really hate this company...

However, now that I have that out of my system for now, I have been exploring some options of my own. One thing that I really want is some tables to add to my IGT frames, like the ones that allow you to eat at your grill. And frankly, I wasn't real enthused about the SP offerings anyway. So I've been working with a local fabricator to make some brackets that slide into the IGT table grooves, and then make my own tables. I finally got a price, and wanted to see if there was any interest before I commit to an initial run.

I don't have a picture yet of a finished bracket, but it's basically modeled after a SP bracket from their own tables (Expedition Exchange had some nice closeups of the tables); a longer 6" support under the table and a shorter support under the IGT frame, a "channel" to grip the edge of the table surface extending a half inch or so over the top edge of the table, with two screw holes to fasten the bracket to the wood from underneath and from the channel, so no screws are visible from the top. They will be water jet cut from 1/2" T6061 aluminum.

This is my first attempt at having anything manufactured to my specs, so I was a bit naive when it came to the cost; about 16 bucks per bracket. Most of that is paying for water jet time.

I sized the bracket to fit 1/2" bamboo plywood from Cali Bamboo. I got some samples from them; really nice stuff. I dropped off a sample at the shop today to gauge final dimensions.

In the end, my own tables will probably cost as much as the SP tables when all said and done. But, they'll be to my length and depth, and they'll look great.

I'm gauging if there's any interest in the brackets. I am planning to pay for a run of a hundred, and won't get them for 6-8 weeks.

PM me if interested.

Pat, OUT!

Last edited:

Stitch

Hi Guys,

I have a (silly) question related to the GigaPower 2 Way Torch. Most of the photos I see online the torch is used for starting fires/charcoal. I'm wondering can the torch be used indoors to sear meat (the nozzle does not release poorly-burned fuel, etc.)
Thanks!

PDragon
I've never tried your idea, but I don't believe that the torch will produce enough heat to cook much beyond a rare filet mignon. Then again, I could be a flat earther and it might work. I think that you should give it a try and report back.
Yours in curiosity,
Stitch

PDragon

PDragon
I've never tried your idea, but I don't believe that the torch will produce enough heat to cook much beyond a rare filet mignon. Then again, I could be a flat earther and it might work. I think that you should give it a try and report back.
Yours in curiosity,
Stitch

Thanks for the answer Stitch. My idea is to cook a stake sous vide and then use the torch to "finish" it. The searing will be mostly cosmetic. Being able to use the GigaPower torch in the house as well as while camping would make for a great piece of equipment. I don't own one, so I was hopping I could get some before-you-buy advise. Nevertheless, I will report back once I find out, one way or another :)

tpond

Observer
All,

Like everyone on this thread, I have been totally frustrated at Snow Peak's inability to bring anything of any quantity over here to the US. Many of us have half-finished IGT setups that lack one thing or another. If I didn't really like the few things that I have already, I would totally chuck their **** off a cliff, hopefully hitting the headquarters skylight on the way down. I really hate this company...

However, now that I have that out of my system for now, I have been exploring some options of my own. One thing that I really want is some tables to add to my IGT frames, like the ones that allow you to eat at your grill. And frankly, I wasn't real enthused about the SP offerings anyway. So I've been working with a local fabricator to make some brackets that slide into the IGT table grooves, and then make my own tables. I finally got a price, and wanted to see if there was any interest before I commit to an initial run.

I don't have a picture yet of a finished bracket, but it's basically modeled after a SP bracket from their own tables (Expedition Exchange had some nice closeups of the tables); a longer 6" support under the table and a shorter support under the IGT frame, a "channel" to grip the edge of the table surface extending a half inch or so over the top edge of the table, with two screw holes to fasten the bracket to the wood from underneath and from the channel, so no screws are visible from the top. They will be water jet cut from 1/2" T6061 aluminum.

This is my first attempt at having anything manufactured to my specs, so I was a bit naive when it came to the cost; about 16 bucks per bracket. Most of that is paying for water jet time.

I sized the bracket to fit 1/2" bamboo plywood from Cali Bamboo. I got some samples from them; really nice stuff. I dropped off a sample at the shop today to gauge final dimensions.

In the end, my own tables will probably cost as much as the SP tables when all said and done. But, they'll be to my length and depth, and they'll look great.

I'm gauging if there's any interest in the brackets. I am planning to pay for a run of a hundred, and won't get them for 6-8 weeks.

PM me if interested.

Pat, OUT!

I look forward to seeing pictures of the final product.

LR4TQ

Can anyone fabricate a windscreen for the igt? I don't think it's available anymore from SP and I really would like to have one for the double burner when it's inserted into the igt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne