Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
ahhhh so it kinda hangs under then ?
if so sounds pretty cool :)
only seen them on top of the tripod setups :)

There is a propane burner attached to the bottom of the Skottle. Most use the green bottles, but I plan on adapting to a 5lb tank.

Honu

lost on the mainland
still a fan of the way I did it so it sits flush how it should :)
PS_IGT-9.jpg

Any one making something like this you can buy now? Need on for my PS stove

Sawyer

Adventurer
still a fan of the way I did it so it sits flush how it should :)
PS_IGT-9.jpg

I agree. I really like yours. But, I already have my PS stove with attached lid and latching device... May still look at accomplishing it that way. Want to know my options first. Trust me, I have all your review and tweaks in your signature bookmarked. LOL!

How about cases to carry all this? Desert Yuma Rat still making straps? Anyone making a case better than the SP ones? I saw ATC made one at one point. But havent found other options yet...

Honu

lost on the mainland
ahhh yeah wont work the same :)

somewhere buried was that one Japanese guy who created the baskets and other ways of mounting stoves into a IGT ? not sure if you saw that post ?
can find the links if you need but might get your brain working

I was going to try something else before I did this to
hard to describe ? so bad sketch attached :)
and while being a photographer and retoucher for a a living I cant draw :)
but sure you kinda get the idea from the bad sketch

I made a quick sample just by bending some aluminum
since the IGT frame is close enough in size to the PS stove the channel thing its actually decent stable
if you bent the heights so the lid would clear ? might be a way to try making something

the other cool thing the stove is longer side to side then the depth front to back so you can store the arms (whatever you want to call the aluminum) in the stove itself so no extra room

but this at least might get your brain going :)

to test heights take a pair of straps and put around the frame and drop the stove into them and adjust as needed and you can lower or raise your stove in the IGT frame to see how it works out
hope that makes sense

will be fun to see what ya come up with :)

sp.jpg

I agree. I really like yours. But, I already have my PS stove with attached lid and latching device... May still look at accomplishing it that way. Want to know my options first. Trust me, I have all your review and tweaks in your signature bookmarked. LOL!

How about cases to carry all this? Desert Yuma Rat still making straps? Anyone making a case better than the SP ones? I saw ATC made one at one point. But havent found other options yet...

Honu

lost on the mainland
for carrying I use the SP case and a set of straps he made to hold the legs
my adjustable legs dont fit so well :(

I had made my own straps some time ago just looked ugly
regular straps the kind river folks use with the small buckle and some stretch cord and just quick sew job with a stitch tool or whatever those things are called with the wood handle you can sew with ?
I did kinda like the bungie material over solid as it was quicker easier to get in and out but life span on the stuff ?

for sure his were more elegant :) works out really well with the legs and frame of course since the legs fit inside the frame of the 4 space so no extra space is taken up in storage
when I had 2 space I just kept my legs in a nylon bag

I carry the frame in the nylon type case SP make and the bamboo in the canvas I found everything together starts to weigh to much and kids cant help carry stuff to and from the truck

Sawyer

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll report back what I make. I have a couple ideas and access to some fab guys I can tap. I'm an Architect by trade. Need to wait for table to arrive so I can get at it.

cactusjk

Explorer
Just ordered more stainless for BBQ risers so please PM if you need a riser for your single BBQ Box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior