Snow Peak Addiction

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I bought the BBQ box first. It was such a great product, i'm working my way through the entire catalog....

If you have ever thought about buying a Snow Peak product you will not be disappointed.

It all fits nicely in a Pelican 2750

Attachments

• P1011217.jpg
    P1011217.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 2,870
  • P1011219.jpg
    P1011219.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 3,678
  • P1011220.jpg
    P1011220.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 2,899
  • P1011227.jpg
    P1011227.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 3,098

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
Also bought a couple of things to go with the Snow Peak kitchen.

GSI, tea pot, large and small set. All fits snuggly together.

and the Engel.

I still have some room in the Pelican. Any suggestions on what I should get next? I was thinking another Baja stove?

Attachments

• P1011224.jpg
    P1011224.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 1,367
  • P1011228.jpg
    P1011228.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 1,171
  • P1011229.jpg
    P1011229.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I too suffer from a Snow Peak fetish.

Looks like you need the L-shaped corner and table ;)

I buy all my Snow Peak directly from Overland Gourmet because they actually use what they sell so they know it better than anyone.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
You've already got the coffee press so I think you're set. They need to make a ceramic thermos to go along with it.

Snow peak is like the Apple Computer of camping gear... Form and function.

I would get the milk frother for those who enjoy their coffee with milk.

I am surprised you did not get the Snow Peak cooking set?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
FWIW Snow Peak has added to their double wall vessel collection offering. I just received a pair of H450/TW-122 and a pair of nesting H200/TW-124 double wall ti handle-less cups for my cappuccino and espresso, respectively, affliction.

They work great!

Got Beer

Observer
I recognized the name but had not looked into Snow peak much until tonight. This post and another had me drooling all over their website and planning on a camp kitchen with more counter space than my home.

One question, what do you use the torch for? Special cooking techniques? What purpose does it add to the kitchen set up?

Ash

Adventurer
Our Iron Grill Table was delivered last week - we set it up and used it for the first time last night out on the balcony. What a lovely way to while away the evening.

The fit and finish is excellent, and everything goes together quite nicely. It's not as light weight as I thought it would be, but it is very strong. One complaint would definitely be the 'wind up' mechanism of the Double BBQ box - it's just plain terrible! It feels like such an afterthought. I had never used a charcoal bbq before so last night was an experiment. I feel I didn't use enough brickets to really get some heat going.

The Giga Torch is great though! Less than 60 seconds of flame on the charcoal just sitting in the BBQ box was all it needed to get lit. Extremely loud and intense but it gets the job done.

The Double BBQ box, Single Baja burner, and all of our charcoal fits nicely in a Pelican 1620. Everything else kichen related will fit in our 1550's (other than the frame/legs).

Ash

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Another way that we start our charcoal for dutch oven cookoffs is with a little tuna can or other shallow metal container with a little bit of HEET burning in it. You could use any flammable liquid probably, but this is what we've always used. The little burning cup goes under under your charcoal starting chimney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste