12v Build thread, round 2....

chasespeed

Explorer
Well, didnt end up burning the fenders.... by the time it was cleaned up, there was nothing to weld to....

Took some fiberglass matting I had from the boat... made up a small batch, and put one layer on each fender. Its not metal, but, the fenders need to be replaced anyway.... STUPID design... dirt and water fills and STAYS in the trailing edge of the fender... NO WHERE TO GO.... So, that will be fixed...

Chase

tyler93

Observer
53 block--bad luck. The 12 valve is a better motor anyway, IMO. Cheap easy power. Look at all the sled pullers using the p7100 pump. Awesome truck, I miss my 94 Reg cab NV 4500. Truck ran perfect when sold at a young 274,xxx miles.

chasespeed

Explorer
Okay, so, its getting warmer... truck has a sticker....

Fender is dealt with... FOR NOW.

I am looking at making it one color.... I am down to 2 choices... satin black, or desert tan(matte/satin).

Not going to be anything special... need to sand some areas down, and hit with rust bullet before they get problematic... so... time to paint it... going to do it myself, so.... it should look fine from 10 feet away... just sick of the multi color thing....

On the other hand, my friends son, who is 8.... calls my truck the Zombie Attack Truck... which immediately had me thinking about the zombie references on here.... ...

ANYWAY, so....

Which color? Satin Black? Or Desert Tan.... I am 50/50 in it....

Chase

BCHauler

Adventurer
Well, this is expo, so...

I vote desert tan. There are lots of black trucks out there. Tan looks really good with black wheels and bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz