Torque Android App

fifthcircle

Adventurer
TORQUE

Anyone else using this little gem?

I purchased a cheap Bluetooth OBDII sensor from China for $30. Got the free version of Torque to test it. It worked just fine, so I bought the full version of Torque (worth it BTW!) and am loving having all the extra info while I am driving. The best part is being able to clear the check engine light...since I have an evaporative emission leak that I don't feel like dealing with at the moment :)

If anyone has good info on making some custom PID's for it, I would love to hear it! I was hoping to get Trans Temp and Oil Pressure, but I am not sure it's supported on the OBD??

That and data logging info. I haven't messed with that part yet, and would like to view the data after the trip...just for the heck of it.

-5th

EDIT: Figured I would add a couple screenshots of it, since there are over 100 views and no replies.... :D

Last edited:

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Wow, that looks great. The only downfall is that I have to buy the adapter as well which looks to be over $100. I don't know how much I would use that on my Ranger, but its definitely cool, and can definitely see how cool it would be on a tuner.

RusherRacing

Adventurer
The adapters are cheap on ebay.

I like the looks of torque - hopefully they come out with it for the Iphone.

I have been thinking about going with the REV for the Iphone. But the wifi adapters are $$ compared to the bluetooth..

fifthcircle

Adventurer
a lot of good the scan tool does for you if you don't know what the codes mean... have you checked your gas cap yet?

Yeah, first thing I checked. Thanks though :ylsmoke:

Pretty sure something has a crack or loose spot. I was "T-Boned" when the truck was only about 4mo old. The bed got moved to the side, and the fuel filler had to me "messed with". I will have to have a smoke machine hooked up to find the actual leak.

fifthcircle

Adventurer
Wow, that looks great. The only downfall is that I have to buy the adapter as well which looks to be over $100. I don't know how much I would use that on my Ranger, but its definitely cool, and can definitely see how cool it would be on a tuner.

As stated, you can get a Bluetooth adapter on ebay for about $30. Tons of Chinese sellers with them for $0.99 +$29.99shipping. Just look around for one with good feedback. I got mine from aimishop (or something like that). Came in 10 days.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Looks cool! Might have to get that and try it.

Making the annual 3500 mile round trip to Moab in 43 days!:victory:

:coffeedrink:

alexrex20

Explorer
Yeah, first thing I checked. Thanks though :ylsmoke:

Pretty sure something has a crack or loose spot. I was "T-Boned" when the truck was only about 4mo old. The bed got moved to the side, and the fuel filler had to me "messed with". I will have to have a smoke machine hooked up to find the actual leak.

:victory::sombrero:

so next question: how much is the full version of Torque?

SLO_F-250

Explorer
That APP looks sweet! I need to look into it a bit more, but if it will give me the vitals of my 7.3 Im SOLD!!!! Where the best place for info. I checked out the links on the previous post, but there wasn't much info.

Fithcircle, did you ever get it to spit out your tranny temp, etc? Man that would be sweet if it would read out my turbo's boost psi!!! :wings:

fifthcircle

Adventurer
It will show boost. Search on YouTube for it...

Best info would be straight from the developers web and forum. Ian-hawkins.com or something..... it will also log all your info and then you can send it as an email or upload to a web sever. Pretty slick.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior