Oz tent alternative?

silvElise

Adventurer
Hey guys,
I really like the oz tent but do not like the 6'8" packed bag. I am trying to find a nice canvas tent that is quick and easy enough to setup with same styling (doesn't need to be 30 seconds but prefer not much more then 5-10 mins).

6'4" is about right that will play nicely with my rack.

Any suggestions would be awesome as I am trying to avoid having to attach it to the side edge of the rack with will make the vehicle wider.

Thanks,
Ryan

silvElise

Adventurer
After researching I am really looking at the kodiaks now as well. Checked out the springbars but like the fact the kodiak floors are more heavy duty. Also more partial to the looks and price.... What size did you end up getting? Also where for what price?

barlowrs

Explorer
After researching I am really looking at the kodiaks now as well. Checked out the springbars but like the fact the kodiak floors are more heavy duty. Also more partial to the looks and price.... What size did you end up getting? Also where for what price?

I was originally going to get the 9 x 8 (4 person) deluxe, but after ordering it, I found out it was on back order until the end of april, and I wanted it now, so I ended up upgrading to the 10 x 10 deluxe. It is just me and my gf, so there will be plenty of room..haha.

I got it from Competative Edge, if you call them, they can usually give you much better deals than what is advertised. Just give them a call.

Hope that helps.

pika

I also recently (two weeks ago) purchased a Kodiak 9X8 deluxe. I have used it once so far for a 3 night trip and it was fantastic. I am used to camping in a back-packing tent so this was quite a difference. I only found one company that had them in stock as of two weeks ago.

http://www.recreationoutlet.com/p-108-kodiak-canvas-deluxe-8x9-tent.aspx

I called them and they were very helpful with the shipping process and they had the lowest price I could find.

Here are a couple of pics...

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior