Show us your dash...

Hi guys,
i`m looking for some dash ideas, maybe with a cb and/or laptop built in. Not sure what to do with mine, would be great to see some pics...

2500ak

Observer
Well, for CB those the little cheap radio shack ones do alright. They're all limited to 4w anyway so as long as they have a good antenna they're all about the same imo. I've just got mine mounted under the dash.

P1010187.jpg

If you're really tight on room this kind will work. The transmit quality is good, scanner feature is great, and the price is right, but the receive quality isn't all that good. This is the one I put in my mom's tahoe, they really need a good external speaker to be functional imo.

IMG_0183.jpg

The project trucks cb will be going in next to the ceramic cab heater
DSC_0473.jpg

UNI

Adventurer
Here is our dash. Just a thought, if you looking to install a CB Radio on top of the dash, as we did. We bolted the regular bracket to the dash, but we also added swivel mounts. Look at the bottom picture, its a bit hard to see, but we found if you use swivel mounts under the radio itself, along with the standard radio bracket, it will take out all the vibration of the radio. We experimented with quite a few brackets, this not only worked, but its a good install as well.

CIMG3463.JPG

CIMG3454.JPG

dms1

Explorer
this was my first fiberglass project - I was mainly fixing the cracks in the 23 year old dash so I kept it simple, but you can really mold in anything you want including mounts that attach to the metal behind the padding

Dash28.jpg

Dash29.jpg

Corax, your dashboard came out great. I might have to try that on my 85 4Runner as I have the exact same crack you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior