Truck bed tents

rdraider

Adventurer
check out Kodiak tent's truck tent. Its a few dollars more but to me looks like a better design and materials.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
well the kodiac is nice but it doesnt have a floor which makes me weary of water leaking in, and the price is almost 3x's the one i posted for $70.00

rdraider

Adventurer
I'll say that is a good price! just beware, you get what you pay for, I just looked at the site, it don't look like much. My .02 worth.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
i have ordered a few different things from their GuideGear label, and have always had luck with them. just curious if anyone else has jumped on this deal before. if no im gonna say heck with it and buy it... it's $69.97.. whats to lose... if i get a season out of it, it's worth it to me

smeghead

Truck Tent

I have a camp right truck tent. Cost around $200. Very well made of good materials. We used it a bit before we bought a truck camper. Very nicely designed and pretty easy to erect after a trial time or two.

I recommend this type of tent as opposed to a ground tent. Especially in the desert as there are a number of critters that would like to snuggle up to a warm person.

Now that I think of it, I probably should sell it. Only used a few times. Not sure what to ask... How about $140 + shipping?

PM me if you are interested. In any event, we really enjoyed camping in it.

Smeghead...in Why, AZ.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
well earlier today i bought the one i posted that GuideGear truck tent plus a small 3 man tent for the kids and a 12" pre-seasoned cast iron frying pan for $129.00 and free shipping.

btw thanks for the offer. if i saw that 7 hours earlier i may have taken you up on the offer.

Last edited:

Loco-Nomad

Adventurer
I was going to start a new thread on this but found this one. My question is what's the benefits of a truck bed tent over getting a truck cap and sleeping inside the truck cap. Seems like an air mattress would work until you built a platform. I like the looks of the truck bed tent but you would have to take it down each time you drove somewhere. What has been the experience here?

rdraider

Adventurer
well earlier today i bought the one i posted that GuideGear truck tent plus a small 3 man tent for the kids and a 12" pre-seasoned cast iron frying pan for $129.00 and free shipping.

btw thanks for the offer. if i saw that 7 hours earlier i may have taken you up on the offer.

How's it working out?

maximumrob

Adventurer
The OP lists stacks as part of the build on his truck. Wondering how those will interfere with the tent. Would think one would have to wait a few minutes after parking before setting up camp!

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
The OP lists stacks as part of the build on his truck. Wondering how those will interfere with the tent. Would think one would have to wait a few minutes after parking before setting up camp!

How's it working out?

yes I have stacks, due to their size, they cool rapidly, so only a few minutes and they are cool to the touch.

as far as the tent... im still in iraq for a few more weeks yet, so once i go home on leave i will take some pics and let yall know what i think.

pyrate

Rollin' along
I was going to start a new thread on this but found this one. My question is what's the benefits of a truck bed tent over getting a truck cap and sleeping inside the truck cap. Seems like an air mattress would work until you built a platform. I like the looks of the truck bed tent but you would have to take it down each time you drove somewhere. What has been the experience here?

Tent comes out when you get back from your trip and you resume having a truck. If you don't have a place to store a shell or have trouble taking it off then you get stuck w/ a shell all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94