Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2Guys1Truck: Astro Van through Central and South America March 2012

Thumbs up 2Guys1Truck: Astro Van through Central and South America March 2012

Hey, we finally hit the road. You can follow us on 2guys1truck.com (bought domain before vehicle, oops), though it should have been called Central and South American Clusterf@#% as we don't know what we are doing haha.

I am currently in Cabo San Lucas, it is spring break....which is why I skipped most of Baja, but will hit it up on the return leg, or another time. For those who don't know, my friend and I are driving a Chevy Astro AWD Van through Central and South America. We quit our jobs, and will either drive for the next 6 months and sell the vehicle, or drive for 12 months round trip. Pictures will be uploaded later this week, and hopefully a video, the "Astrocam" worked well.

Checked out Cerritos Beach on Wednesday, about 15 min south of Todos Santos, or 45 min north of Cabo San Lucas. Cerritos is popular with english speaking locals and tourists, so if you need a break from spanish this place is good. Cerritos is a cresent shaped bay, so there are also many whale sightings here, I was lucky enough to watch one for about 15 minutes, as well as spend some time watching some great surfers. The waves were big, but not huge for here from what I gather. I believe you can sleep here for free, but did not verify that. Again, will add pics.

Spent last night doing some beach camping about 15 min north of Cabo San Lucas. The place was nice, though there are horse tours offered so you wont have it to yourself...but it is close to cabo, and the horse guides said it was no problem to sleep there. The horses run around on their own when not in use, so they were hauling @ss down the paths around me as I reorganized the van...pretty cool.

I don't really feel like the trip is starting till we get back up to La Paz to take the ferry, so stay tuned.

Also, there have been some problems here or there with the site at times, so let me know if you can view it. Some can, others cant. I am not good with the internet, so I am not sure what is going on. Thanks, hope you enjoy the trip.

2guys1truck
    Last edited by Christian P.; 07-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    2Guys1Truck: 2004 AWD Chevy Astro from California to Colombia!

Awesome! I will definitely be following you dudes. Good luck!

Whats up with the thumbs down in the title....did I do that?? If so, can someone remove that. Thanks!

Glad to hear Yeti. Sounds like the problems with people viewing the site have been resolved themselves, so I believe we are good to go.

website no workie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    Whats up with the thumbs down in the title....did I do that?? If so, can someone remove that. Thanks!

Glad to hear Yeti. Sounds like the problems with people viewing the site have been resolved themselves, so I believe we are good to go.
    Thumbs down is now a thumb up!

I hope you have a great trip. I should be back in Costa Rica/Panama in April, perhaps I will meet you on the road.
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

I will be reading this one. Where are the pictures?

Kevin
    2007 F250 Crew Cab 4x4
    Stock tow rig

1982 Toyota 4x4 Truck
    Low budget crawler project

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    website no workie.
    Man, I really wish I knew what was up...I need to take care of this issue before we continue on with the trip, too many people are expecting a website. I will follow up soon I hope

Quote Originally Posted by 2aroundtheworld View Post
    Thumbs down is now a thumb up!

I hope you have a great trip. I should be back in Costa Rica/Panama in April, perhaps I will meet you on the road.
    Gracias amaigo! Small chance I may run back to SD for a short break, but this has just came up so I need a few days to mull it over. How long are you down there?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpediT-100n View Post
    I will be reading this one. Where are the pictures?

Kevin
    Assuming I dont go back to SD to regroup, pictures will be up as soon as I have a power source for my laptop. My van is in disarray at the moment, so I cannot charge anything

Use 2guys1truck new link, this will bring you to the welcome message where you can then signup for email notification, so the problems are resolved as far as I know, thanks.

If you previously subscribed to our email notification those were lost when I redid it, so you will need to sign up one more time, sorry.

Pics have been added to the site. Here is a sample, I only have a point and shoot, but my friend brought his nice one so later in the trip quality should go up. Larger sized pics can be found on the site.

sign on Baja 1

Last edited by Wiley; 03-21-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Site should now work for all according to godaddy tech support.

Currently in Guadalajara, followed the coast down to La Manzanilla/Melenque area mostly relaxing on beaches, though some time was spent in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallerta. Everything is relatively slow since tourist season is winding down, along with the poor economy affecting tourism in general. Overall things are great, Mexico really is an amazing place, its impossible to describe in words. I was looking forward to it, but definitely underestimated how much I would enjoy it. A couple more teaser pics, and a link to the newest post. We will be in Guadalajara for a week, so I hope to fill in some of the gaps on the site, but we are finally on top of our posts.

You're in the jungle baby...you're gonna die!

Sounds like s good time.
    87 burban 3/4 ton
    4 inch lify
    315/75r16 Procomp extreme AT
    D44 FRT 4.56 Gears
    14 Bolt full floating with 4.56 gears and Detroit locker
    4 speed muncie
    custom safari rack with 5 KC forward and 2 in the rear
    warn bumper with 8274 winch
    Palomar 21cb

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast