Katadyn Combi

762X39

Explorer
I tried posting this under camping equipment but no luck so far. I am looking to purchase a Katadyn water filter this week and it looks like the Katadyn Combi will provide the highest quality construction, ease of use, filter life and peace of mind for my purposes.I would like to hear of any field users experiences and immpressions (good or bad) of the above listed unit.:coffee:

mesha

Observer
I have owned the combi and it was a good filter. I didn't like the rate at which it pumped is seemed a little slow. 1 liter a minute is not too impressive. It was alright though. I did like the shape and the pump was pretty user friendly. I prefer the pocket to the combi. I like the metal housing although it pumps at the same slow rate. I owned it as well and it was just about the same but the housing was metal. The vario is going to give you faster flow, but less amount before you need a new filter element. Have you checked other companies as well like MSR? they make some nice filters as well.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I have a Katadyn Pocket and love it (It has a 20 year warranty). On a hunting trip two of my friends brought their MSR Miniworks and both of them had failures after the first day. I suspect it was due to the freezing temps during the night, but what ever the cause was, the final result was no water from either one of their filters. We relied on my Katadyn during the rest of the five day hunt.

It's a little hefty to pack around in a ruck, but it's a compromise I'm willing to make.

762X39

Explorer
I did get my Combi and it is an excellent filter on so many levels.The construction is typical Swiss, the filter capability allows you to bet your life on it (makes the price quite cheap) and the only better unit is the Pocket (we used them in the army and they are a bit more rugged). :coffee:

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Having the Pocket Filter and two Mini Katadyn's, I was confident about buying a Combi with the counter top fitting kit to use in a van, as it's pretty versatile and has good filtration.

katadyn-combi-adapter_large-3.jpg 801362020730.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier