Rubber Bowls?

shogun

Adventurer
Some while back there was a link to a business that sold silicon rubber bowls. IIRC, it was not a dishware company, so I think a general search wont work. Anybody have the link/info?

Thanks

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
As stated above, it was probably the Guyot Designs silicone bowls. They're terrible. We tried selling a few of them, but they're super hard to deal with. They spill easy. They're impossible to break which is great if you travel with kids or primates.

shogun

Adventurer
As stated above, it was probably the Guyot Designs silicone bowls. They're terrible. We tried selling a few of them, but they're super hard to deal with. They spill easy. They're impossible to break which is great if you travel with kids or primates.

Thats them.

I am using the GSI lexan set which has square dishes and a little deeper "bowls" (pans?). They are not optimal for stew/soup/cereal type foods.

Are these really that bad? The spill factor is maybe a bad, but we dont dine on a table in the field. Packing/nesting space is more important.

4GRAINR

Adventurer
The Snow Peak Trek Titanium bowls are a great lightweight alternative. Sure, you can't bend them in half or fold them like a taco, but they are super light and nest inside each other.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Thats them.

I am using the GSI lexan set which has square dishes and a little deeper "bowls" (pans?). They are not optimal for stew/soup/cereal type foods.

Are these really that bad? The spill factor is maybe a bad, but we dont dine on a table in the field. Packing/nesting space is more important.
I think a better solution are the Sea To Summit X-Bowls. They use an accordion-style folding system that gives them some necessary rigidity, and they pack even smaller.

shogun

Adventurer
I think a better solution are the Sea To Summit X-Bowls. They use an accordion-style folding system that gives them some necessary rigidity, and they pack even smaller.

REI has them all, so I got to compare side by side.

I still think the squishy bowls are cool, and they do wad up well. But I suspect they may be very prone to tipping (and squeezing).

I will probably wind up getting the X bowls. In the open position they seem a better bowl. They dont seem to stay folded well, but they have a large flat pan bottom that will not tip over. Prices are same (squishy comes with cup).

They also had a neat flat plastic origami type bowl and cup that snap in shape. Food will get stuck in the folds, but easily cleaned when opened. Just make sure it doesnt unsnap while full.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
They also had a neat flat plastic origami type bowl and cup that snap in shape. Food will get stuck in the folds, but easily cleaned when opened. Just make sure it doesnt unsnap while full.
Those are Fozzils. That is a product line distributed through Jet Boil. Those are actually pretty slick, but they're not perfect. They don't do will with super hot liquids as there's minimal insulation. Holding a bowl of hot liquid is sketchy. They will have a new version of the Fozzils bowls available in late April with a silicone bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94