ramcharger build

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
what's a "cable" ? I just remove the card and install it in the sd slot on the 'puter....:sombrero::ylsmoke::coffeedrink:

lstzephyr

wanderer
Ditto. I have a little usb sd reader I keep in the camera pouch with my point and shoot. Works great and I can read the pictures anywhere I can use a usb port.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well the ramcharger has been put on a slight hold. Where not in the same state's. I got sent to Michigan for work. As soon as I get back to Whyoming it will be on like donke kong.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Ha ha almost 15 months later I am back to what I should have never got rid of. Now after the budget beater I picked up a 90/91 Ramcharger. 5.9 4sped in fair shape. I have some of the old parts left and many new parts. The list starts hear. The build will use alot of what I learned with my 3/4 ton chevy jeeps and others.

It will have
79 dodge dana 60 front 4.10 gears
73 ford dana 60 rear 4.10 gear detroit locker
35" bfg allterrains for now 37 topps
2.5" dual magnaflow exhaust
rear shackle flip
52" chevy springs up front
3 7" anzo hid lights front
2 4" anzo hid lights on top
1000 watt inveter
same style lighting i had in the budget beater in the canopie and multi battery set up

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Looks much better without the Samurai wheel and no air. Will you be adding a RTT? Sleeping inside?

Still waiting for $$ to get my Ramcharger to be more than a commuter. :Mechanic:

98dango

Expedition Leader
For now sleep inside. I will be making a RTT rack that allows me to mount it.on.my RC and on my Sonoma.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well she has been doing decent the last few days. Driving from Roundup Mt to Billings 100 miles round trip. She has some vibrations but un ballanced 35s with a bad where pattern to start with. So I will deal with it till i can get my springs in and lift. I plan to run the millatary 37" BFG baja t/a.

I have not tryed the offroad capabilities yet still waiting on my new front locking hubs to come in.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
I am also planning on 37" mil specs, too, and fender opening trim like Metcalf has done on his Do-it All Dodge. I've already started collecting rims and have feelers out for other parts. Interesting where our rigs are going. :)

98dango

Expedition Leader
ya Trailworthy fab is the best place i have found for tires. I like where your ramcharger sits I need to lift mine atleast 4". I am toying with the idea of doing the same suspension is had on budget beater. Shackle flip in the rear and 56'' chevy springs up front. Mine seems mushy out back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier