ramcharger build

98dango

Expedition Leader
last i was there he could only get the old good years. I should check him out Im also in montanna so i have to watch shipping. i orderd a set of 38" Xmls a few years back had a easy time of it.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
On a previous Dodge, I installed 3.5" front and 5.5" Superlift softride springs. I was able to do away with the rear block and maintain a level ride with the service body. I used the Wrangler RT-II 36" bias ply tires...they were great in the dirt, but sucked on the pavement.

Dodgewith36s.jpg

I would like to do this again on my Ramcharger, doing away with the stock rear spring and stacked blocks. The front springs are really stiff 4" Trail Ready pieces from the early 90's and provide no real flex at all. The truck was kitted out by some dealer in Oregon in 1989; the front sway bar is still connected with the stock height links, and the rear also used a Hellwig swaybar. The Hellwig links are stretch considerably, bent, and I'm surprised they didn't break.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I love your old truck. I have always loved it. Ya i know all about west cost kitted trucks im from Washington lived in middle oregon cost for 5 years. I love me some mud and rocks but found exploring to be better and takes me back to my roots of hunting with my grand dad out of an old milatary ambulance with a pto winch.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Did some work on the Ramcharger today. Installed the new hubs and fixed a charging problem. Then spun some donuts in the backyard. had to make sure the 4wheel drive worked. All in all a good day . I should have some pictures up soon

98dango

Expedition Leader
Doing some painting today make it a little nicer looking. Have not settled on a main color. I am not great with the pictures but hear is what we have.

TIMG110.jpg
IMG111.jpgIMG111.jpgh

98dango

Expedition Leader
So one year later it's back. I should just stay on track I could be using this thing. I gave this truck to my brother in law. I got it back Last week for cheap. My Super Duty has been set up as a work truck and our red chevy will take a while to get done.

So the plan has not changed 37 millspeck and a shackle flip some different front spring and run it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Not a lot has happened with it my camping buddy broke his Chevy so he's had her out on a few trips. Its had a few mods but not much. I basically gave it to him soon it will have a set of 315 cooper stmaxx tiers and some built bumpers.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well this thing will just not stay away. It's mine once again and the wife says for good this time. My first plan was to pull the body and fix my scout. My wife is done with payments so she sold her Tahoe to her sister. That means this is now my daily driver.

98dango

Expedition Leader
So today I planed to find out why the brakes where not great. Turns out the wheel bee rings are bad on the right side. So as I wait for parts to show up. Let's lift it. I will be doing the same lift I did on my old Chevy a few years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94