Any pop-up truck campers sleep 5 people?

sheriffav8r

We have the pictured pop-up, a 2009 NorthStar 850SC XB. It will easily sleep 2 adults on the north/south queen bed and 3-4 kids in the extra bedroom/dinette cushion-top. The XB portion is about 3x5 and the dinette (that is a continuation of the XB) is about 3x6. As for room when camping, I would strongly suggest a nice awning and picnic table since the interior gets a little cramped with more than 3 people tromping around. That being said, it is nice having a pop-up camper that doesn't cover up our ball hitch/license plate. I routinely put a truck bed box bolted onto a cargo carrier behind my truck and it makes a nice "porch" to step on before going down a ladder to the ground. Being a pop-up I can easily offload it and store it in my standard size garage to keep it out of the elements. It's also sized for 1/2 tons down to a Toyota Tundra and comes in at 1780# dry. Unfortunately, we are selling our 850SC and will be looking for something to full time in this year, as in a big 5th wheel....

Also, having a built in full wet-bath with cassette toilet sure is nice in the middle of the night....

DEnd

Observer
Hey kjp1969,

Forget the porta-potty....when they hit 14 or 15 years old, you'll have to find space for an entire bathroom....make-up vanity, mirrors, etc! :Wow1: Not only that, (father of the daughter) must leave the camper so she can get dressed!

Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Good Camping,

Paul

dang if that's what you have to do to get them to go camping willing at that age then darn it do what you have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles