Zodi products

shogun

Adventurer
So I am researching water heaters/showers. Zodi seems to have a good rep around here, but...

I found a single propane burner shower, model 6187, at my BX for what looks like a good price. Cross-checking their website yields no 6187, but a 6185 and 6189. The descriptions are identical, the pictures show one with plastic tub and the other with black bag, same msrp. The local SW has a single-burner also, that looks completely different (3 foldout arm legs) model that isnt on the website.

Then look at "extreme" model (8170). No mention of water capacity, a worthless BTU number, and not much explanation of the hand-pump operation. Same msrp price as above. Oh yea, the parts section mentions other model numbers of "extreme". No idea what the diff is.

So here we have a company with a seemingly good product, at least with potential, that has a website that generates more questions than answers. No way to discern the difference between three similar units, and a seemingly higher performance unit. They do of course mention the "stunning" picture on the box. Is it any mystery why this company's products seem to languish?

Theres a business lesson here somewhere.

Happy to listen to any detailed reviews from users though...

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ
So I am researching water heaters/showers. Zodi seems to have a good rep around here, but...

I found a single propane burner shower, model 6187, at my BX for what looks like a good price. Cross-checking their website yields no 6187, but a 6185 and 6189. The descriptions are identical, the pictures show one with plastic tub and the other with black bag, same msrp. The local SW has a single-burner also, that looks completely different (3 foldout arm legs) model that isnt on the website.

Then look at "extreme" model (8170). No mention of water capacity, a worthless BTU number, and not much explanation of the hand-pump operation. Same msrp price as above. Oh yea, the parts section mentions other model numbers of "extreme". No idea what the diff is.

So here we have a company with a seemingly good product, at least with potential, that has a website that generates more questions than answers. No way to discern the difference between three similar units, and a seemingly higher performance unit.

I suggest getting the info the old fashioned way - call them: [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]800-589-2849[/FONT].

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I have the Zodi Extreme with the SS hand pump. 2.5 gallon tank.

20 pumps will get you about 1/2 way through a real nice shower. Real nice quality unit, the only change I made was cutting off the OE shower head and adding more hose with a sink sprayer for true on/off water saving capability.

My only gripe is that if it is cold and windy it takes a LONG TIME to get it up to temp... in normal conditions it takes 15 minutes but if the wind is cranking it can take 30+ which = lots of propane...

YMMV

shogun

Adventurer
I suggest getting the info the old fashioned way - call them: [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]800-589-2849[/FONT].

I did their "contact us" email with applicable questions several days ago (before posting here). No response.

More languishing, apathy.

How about some clues on the business lessons?

Nobody will sell/care about your product like you will. Any sort of distributor/importer arrangement will suffer lack of interest. (there are a very few notable exceptions around here that truly support the manufacturers product)

Great product is only half the battle.

liftedlimo

Adventurer
Allot of us cant call out, but have internet. I do 99% of all my purchases though email and websites. I am out at sea for a month or more and I love the pile of boxes always waiting for me at home:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior