Newb needing some advice

PHSARGE

Hey everyone. New guy here trying to build my first trailer. I've gotten to the point where I find myself getting further and further away from civilization and have gotten to the point that I just can't carry everything in my Grand Cherokee so I decided I need a trailer. This is the trailer I got ahold of pictured below. Not sure how good of a starting point it is. Looking for any advice on what I could do with this trailer and What I should carry along with it. Trying to set it up as I'd like to go away for a week or two into some old mining claims I am looking into buying.
Thanks in advance
Sarge

Attachments

• TRAILER.jpg
    TRAILER.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 82

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Hi Sarge,

Welcome aboard!

That's an old Pioneer tool trailer...built like a brick ******** house, and h e a v y!

Install a new brake axle, maybe to match the rims on the TV, install a rack for a roof top tent, and your golden. I even think they may be enough room to strap a water tank in the belly.

Good luck with it!

Here's a build linky.... http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/207826-pioneer-tool-trailer-camp-trailer.html

Pat

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What he said.

Think about what you want and do it. RTT, nice kitchen, and a pottie/shower. What more could you need?

You can get carried away with it all. I know; I have...

PHSARGE

Ok so had some thoughts on this. What do you guys think of getting rid of the fenders splitting the body down the middle and extending it over the wheels where the fenders where. Would help getting rid of them and could use a side as kinda a kitchen? The water tank is definatly something I will have to look into would it be better to mount it inside or on the underside? As for the RTT I am kinda new and currently with only 2ft of unhinged roof space not sure if I could find one that would fit. Another reason I thought about gettin rid of the fenders. Currently tent wise I got a GP small military tent. Also not sure who makes them as well. Still learning and reading.

Also anyone know agood source for a5 on 4.5 trailer axle as current tow vehicle is a jeep.

Thanks again
Sarge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94