Stainless steel....everything

Honu

lost on the mainland
Their straw cleaning brush is plastic :) kinda funny and shows that plastics do have their place
My nalgene bottles wont be replaced I love those things

Thanks for the link interesting stuff :)

spikemd

Explorer
How much contact does the straw really have with a liquid? How much can it really leach? Is it dependent on sucking ability??

I see the point in not storing food in plastic and avoiding certain things, but a straw? too funny...

Paladin

Banned
Their straw cleaning brush is plastic :) kinda funny and shows that plastics do have their place
My nalgene bottles wont be replaced I love those things

Yeah... I have a bunch of trashed stainless steel bottles fit to be thrown out. And a 15 year old Nalgene bottle that is still my go-to bottle. It's been on every trip I've ever gone on, and will probably outlast me.

I truly believe that is what's behind this whole thing. The market was flooded with indestructible plastic bottles. They had to invent a reason for us to go out and buy knew ones. The same reason the "fashion" industry exists.

I have a nickel allergy so I react negatively to many stainless steel products.

Not to mention all the other nasty heavy metals that leach out of stainless steel. Lead, Cadmium, Mercury...

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
My stainless steel Guyot Design/Nalgene bottles carry and boil water, and I used titanium tubing as a straw, because I have ti tube and thought it'd be good for a straw! It was.

1778-1002L.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste