Croc Hunter '92 MJ

Harmgrissom

Observer
I'm a big fan of the MJ's. Loved the ones I got to ride in as a kid. Wish I could find one now. Definitely looking forward to the build and where this goes. BTW if your brother from another mother wants to separate themselves from that other MJ you know who to point them to!

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Truck is looking good. I wonder why didn't leave (or add) the A/C compressor? Pretty easy to convert to an on board air system. Those Sandens can move some air. My buddy put an XJ system on his non A/C YJ for OBA and we use to air up his 37's and my 35's after a trail run. Another friend mounted a Sanden on his Land Cruiser and it does a great job.

Just curious.

Jack

Gaucho919

Adventurer
the comanche was stock non-a/c, The 97 XJ motor I put in it had a/c I still have the compressor. That may be something I look into in the future..

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Do you have a link for how to convert an a/c compressor into an OBA? I've got a/c in my '99 XJ but really don't ever use it (windows down kind of guy) and have been wanting on board air for a while.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Crown Vic rims? I was very surprised when I read that! they look really good on the MJ. They will be a great accent to the ARB bumper

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
Crown Vic rims? I was very surprised when I read that! they look really good on the MJ. They will be a great accent to the ARB bumper

I've been hunting a set of 16" CV Police Interceptor (and taxi) wheels for my TJ. Haven't pulled the trigger because I'm pretty sure they are only 7 inches wide and I haven't decided on tires.

OP, the wheels look great!

TonyD

Subscribed. My first car, jeep, love... was a Comanche. 1990 long bed. it was only 2wd drive, so i went the street truck route after seeing an Archer brother's performance catalog.
It may have only been 2wd, but it sparked a jeep obsession that i still have today. 2nd, 97 tj, and now on my 3rd, a 2011 JKU.
...miss that truck

Gaucho919

Adventurer
I got the rims from an old 80's ford I think it was a crown victoria.. Its been a while since I got them. I randomly got the idea that maybe the jeep hubcaps would fit and they do if you drill some holes on the wheel. There's a kicker though, the jeep hubs are too big for the rim so you have to run wheel spacers or get the hub machined down.

turboxr

Mind if I blatantly rip off your build? It's what I've had in mind for quite some time. I'm going to run crown vic wheels as well. I'll hunt down those exact ones. They are exactly what I'm looking for. What did you do to solve the problem of the smaller center bore? Have the hubs machined or the wheels machined? Did you use the stock leafs on the 8.8 with stock shackles? Love the build!

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Thanks turboxr, for the time being I used some advance auto parts wheel spacers, they're like a 1/4" I think. the trickiest part with those wheels is drilling the 5 holes for the jeep hubcaps, it's gotta be dead on or it will look weird, I plan on getting the front hubs machined when I install my front D30. Yes I used the stock springs and shackles. I plan on getting metric tonne springs and cherokee shackles for it.

I have been driving it for a week now, I LOVE this truck... have many pictures to update but my PC at home broke and cant upload any pics as of right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles