Extended Range Gas Tank for Wranglers.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
It is official. Enough people have bugged them about a bigger tank.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=GST-6003

They are stating 30gallons on their site, but from talks with them it might end up at 31-32 gallons.

As of right now they are only going to be making on batch and need at least 10 people. If interest is high it will become permanent.

For those that don't want a body lift, it is recommended to use Kilby's spacer kit. Sinc the tank has 1" better clearence, spacing it down will drop it back to stock height.

More info:
http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46461&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=125

DevEmp

I'm one of the people that bought the first run of tanks. I just couldn't pass up 30 gallons instead of 19. They haven't shipped yet - I expect it to be here any day if my Genright rep was getting the right info.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I too was one of the 10. They have one built and mounted. Currently the tank is in the test phase. Here are some pics.

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

Steve Curren

Explorer
According to their site it appears that they are selling a 30 gallon tank for the LJ now. Does anyone know if they are in fact doing so? It sure looks like a great way to go and I think it's going to be on my short list.

DevEmp

The 30 gallon tank for the LJ is what Beowulf and I talking about in the last 2 messages. We are both in the first 10 people who have ordered the tank and expect to see it very soon.

Steve Curren

Explorer
That I understood, I was asking if the tank was able to be shipped or did you have to wait for a long time to be sent. I saw on the site that they have the extended tank and are selling them.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
They are not built and sitting on the shelf. If there is one left you could be one of the only 10 that may ever be made. I'm expecting they will be shipped by the end of Sept.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Ive seen these tanks in person. Very high quality. Super good guys, clean shop, cant say enough about them.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Late Breaking News!!!!!

The tank was just tested and it holds 31.5 gallons:wings: :wings: :wings:

At 15mpgs that's 472.5 miles.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
DevEmp is correct. The one that is currently being created will not work for your TJ. But, the Enduro Tank would work nicely. It is 24.5 gallons. Which is still alot more than you currently have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles