??? Anyone seen or use a Bronco 600 on a full size truck

Hitch-Toys

There is a Bronco 600 for a great deal. Problem is the 600 is for a small truck I have a 3/4 ton chevy. Anyone use a 600 on a full size? Pics?

bob91yj

Resident **************
Not exactly what you are looking for but close. My camper (Sun Lite SkyHawk SB) is designed for/came out of a Ford Ranger, I have it in a 2500HD shortbed. I had to build a platform for it to sit on to clear the roof of the truck, otherwise no issues, and I can close the tailgate.

2010baja1000009.jpg

parker4252011006.jpg

2010baja1000005.jpg

truck005.jpg

Hitch-Toys

Thanks, very cool. That is how I thought it might fit and look. Looks like it would have a few advantages using that size too. Tailgate being able to close for one.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Totally doable! I fit a small skamper on my super duty. Check out the link in my sig. I'm on my phone right now so I can't post picts. Bobs setups sweet.

Don't be afraid of it at all. You will have more storage than if you had a full size camper and I think they actually look better cause they don't look so wide compared to the truck. Good luck! :victory:

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Here are a few picts for ya. :ylsmoke:

2011-03-12_10-45-51_400.jpg

P5020023.jpg

I built the Shim boxes, and drawer under the camper to shim it up over the cab. It was way to small to fit on the truck any other way.

P2150019.jpg

P3190036.jpg

Let us know what you decide. :elkgrin:

Hitch-Toys

Any problems with having the camper tied to the inside of the bed? Thats what I was planning on doing. Cant really see a problem with the camper only being an 1" or so wider than the truck.

eugene

Explorer
I tied my Palimino to the inside of the truck bed, its stayed on through the mountains of WV. I drilled and put 4 U bolts in the overhangs on the sides and use turnbuckels to hold it in to the tie down in the bottom corners of the bed.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Any problems with having the camper tied to the inside of the bed? Thats what I was planning on doing. Cant really see a problem with the camper only being an 1" or so wider than the truck.

Thanks for the compliments Hitch!

Shoot, Ill probably get told off here but I just have the camper tied down to the factory 'U bolts" in the bed. They are bolted through the bed with backing plates. Stout enough IMO. Been doing mild off road stuff and it hasn't moved. Even shook it around pretty good on an uphill climb and it barely shifted. Its connected to (3) points on the camper, and the (4) corners of the trucks bed.

Did you end up getting it????!?!! :sombrero:

Pest

Adventurer
Maybe it's just me, but I find keeping the tailgate on to be a disadvantage.

Sure, you have an extra table for doing stuff, but if you don't have a full height door I would think it would be really annoying to constantly have to duck to get in and out of the camper, whereas without the tailgate and just steps, your body is positioned low enough that stepping up and down doesn't require ducking, at least for us, anyway.

greg mgm

Explorer
Slo F250- Looks Great! I like the storage bins and tray!
When I had my campers, I didn't have any extra space like you do. All the firewood and extra stuff would be on the floor of the camper.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Slo F250- Looks Great! I like the storage bins and tray!
When I had my campers, I didn't have any extra space like you do. All the firewood and extra stuff would be on the floor of the camper.

Thanks Greg! :sombrero: The storage is so nice to have. Its been a bit of a project, but has come together nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94