Base:

Wab-Fab's - Wabbit's Foot

Cover:

Hi-Lift Neoprene Cover

Handle Keeper:

Hi-Lift's
Daystar's

...Don't forget:

Blaster TDL - A dry lube is the secret to keeping it working that and covering the pins and springs. It's had years of riding in the back of my truck on dusty trails and exposed to weather (no garage the last 5 years.) I use it even at home to jack and never had a single malfunction. Many will soak it in WD-40 and it will work that time, but next time it has collected even more dirt and grime. Then they love to come on here and complain that they're all dangerous.

JamesDowning

Explorer
I still think one of the smartest things to buy is the little neoprene cover if you carry your jack outside the vehicle. I didn't use one for a few years and the difference in jack performance is phenomenal.

The daystar handle keeper sucks compared to the hi-lift brand handle keeper. The hi-lift brand allows you to remove it without unbolting the top D ring.

AFSOC

Explorer
I still think one of the smartest things to buy is the little neoprene cover if you carry your jack outside the vehicle.

I've been leery of using a neoprene cover because I was afraid it would effectively hold moisture under the cover in rainy, humid conditions. It looks like a no brainer as far as keeping muddy grit and thick dust layers at bay but I still have reservations as far as moisture is concerned. Can anyone relay experiences?

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I have the Neoprene cover for mine. It is definetly not waterproof but does great at keeping the mud and dust off of it during trail rides. I keep the jack workings well lubed with WD40 so I'm not to worried about the moisture duirng trail rides/outings. I do not leave the boot on during storage in the garage.

JamesDowning

Explorer
At what...the post I quoted from? I am specifically asking for experiences in rainy or highly humid conditions. I didn't see anything "above" that satisfied my question.

Rains a fair amount here in Maryland. Mine is stored outside my vehicle at all times with the cover. The area under the cover has far less rust than the areas outside the cover. I don't have to lube it but once a year or so now. Used to lube it every time I used it.

trump

Adventurist
At what...the post I quoted from? I am specifically asking for experiences in rainy or highly humid conditions. I didn't see anything "above" that satisfied my question.

It's had years of riding in the back of my truck on dusty trails and exposed to weather (no garage the last 5 years.) I use it even at home to jack and never had a single malfunction.

I guess 5 years of rainfall isn't good enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier