Panther Campers

agerb

Observer
Anyone have one? opinions? Have seen a few around here in the PNW. Looks like a good balance between a full cab-over and a pop up. Or just a compromise. I really like the barn doors.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
4.jpg

Emmons%201.jpg

45.jpg

camper357

Observer
panther campers

I just picked up a panther sierra with barn doors. It is just a shell model, no plumbing or appliances but it does have cabinets, lights, and a battery. It is one of their earlier sierra models so it only sleeps one over the cab, but the lower section folds down into a king sized bed. I previously had a cascade model (with barn doors) for two summers so I feel like I can chime in their utility.

It is very convenient to throw in your coolers and gear and head out. Before buying the sierra we contemplated a pop-up, but after looking at a well used pop up we decided that a hard sided camper would be a better choice for rainy western Oregon weather. We really like the fact that the fold down bed is about the same height as the top of bed so there is no claustrophobic feel when you crawl into bed. Probably the most appealing feature is the weight of the camper which the manufacturer states is 765 lbs dry. I would guess that with jacks, gear, and water it weighs no more than 1100 lbs. This is my first post, so I will try to add some pictures later.

I'm looking to add a dc fridge (edgestar, engel, waeco, etc) in the near future if anyone has one to part with.

beavernation

well done dude

Nice little write up and it sounds as though you may have as much experience as anyone about these neat little NW grown campers! I have seen several of them on CL here in Portland and thought they would be a nice "happy medium". Keep us posted about how it's working out as like you I am all about "the simple"............:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles