Tyler's Shower Build

tpatching

Observer
I have built a simple shower that meets my new requirements for camping gear which are.

1. Solid Construction. In others words it won't break easily.

2. It pulls double duty.

3. It is modular. Not stuck on one vehicle.

4. it is as lite, and as small as possible.

Attachments

• Finish.jpg
    Finish.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 2,112

tpatching

Observer
Last edited:

tpatching

Observer
4. A paper gas filter. To go on the water pick-up inside the Jerry can. I used a small piece of 1/4" hose to connect it to the existing intake hose.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 241

tpatching

Observer
5. A RL PRO Model 996P Powered by Solo, 2 gallon weed sprayer from Home Depot. I took a 29.00 dollar chance that this would fit the threads, and to my surprise it fit great, giving a good seal. What I really like about this is the purge air valve on the side and the fact that you can refill the water can without taking the hole adapter off. The pressurizing plunger threads out so that water can be added.

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1685.jpg
    IMG_1685.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
When pressured to get a good spray how much do the sides expand ?
Any pics pressurized :)

Good idea but worried about it getting kinda fat :)

tpatching

Observer
This Jerry can mod has many possibilities. It's a pretty easy straight forward little build. I hope that the information was helpful.

tpatching

Observer
Not bad at all. That was maybe 30 pumps. I wouldn't go crazy pumping. I'm sure you could over do it. I think the can is pretty strong. I have seen others pressuring them.

Attachments

• IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 512
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Thanks a ton :)

Not bad at all going to head to HD :)

I know my gas cans here get hot and expand but not huge

Very cool setup and will beat the electric pump I was going to use
We use the water cans and drop the coleman pump into them at camp so hqve 4 of the awater cans but like to have one in the rig to was the kids hands and such

Thanks again :)

YukonRob

Adventurer
Love your setup - expecting three 5-gal cans from LCI today or tomorrow. Can you link or provide details for the shower head? - my searches came up empty or populated with a bunch of nearly useless garbage. Thanks,

tpatching

Observer
just blatantly curious,

why didn't you just use the bug sprayer tank?

No Problem, it's a good question.

The bug sprayer is fine, probably stronger. However, its only 2 gallons, 3 if you get the next size up. That extra water capacity means less messing around when it comes to shower time. Then there is the fact that it's one more odd shaped piece of kit that is hard to find a home for. The Jerry Can is more easily stowed and for some locked down. My Jerry Cans usually make the trip anyway. The fact that it can be pressurized and used for washing people, dogs, dishes, or whatever is the icing on the cake, and all I'm introducing is a pump and some hose.

Last edited:

tpatching

Observer
Love your setup - expecting three 5-gal cans from LCI today or tomorrow. Can you link or provide details for the shower head? - my searches came up empty or populated with a bunch of nearly useless garbage. Thanks,

Where to buy the shower head? The little pump that comes with the shower unit has not been very reliable for me.

I just updated some links on page 1. I like the last link best.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles