Series 3 "barn find", Savannah GA

LtFuzz

Explorer
There's a yellow SIII sitting in the "yard" of a trailer park near Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah GA. I just noticed it the other day... haven't been able to get close yet.

Anyone interested? I can go snap some photos of it for you. From the looks of this trailer park, I doubt it'd be hard to convince the owner to let go of it.

It's this color, only not a 109. (This is not the truck.)

yellow_109.jpg

Last edited:

thospb

Observer
It is your sovereign duty, as the finder of the barn-find, to rescue said vehicle and restore her to her former glory before passing her on to a similar enthusiast who will cherish her. Good luck.

HarryT

Adventurer
" From the looks of this trailer park, I doubt it'd be hard to convince the owner to let go of it."

Don't get your hopes up. From the looks of the Land Rover, the owner knows what it is. Clean, new tires, Land Rover in the background, etc...

leeawalden

Adventurer
" From the looks of this trailer park, I doubt it'd be hard to convince the owner to let go of it."

Don't get your hopes up. From the looks of the Land Rover, the owner knows what it is. Clean, new tires, Land Rover in the background, etc...

pretty sure thats not the one he is talking about...just a picture to reference the color.

LtFuzz

Explorer
pretty sure thats not the one he is talking about...just a picture to reference the color.

Yep -- that is NOT the truck. Just a picture picked off the internet to show the color. I don't think the truck I saw is a 109", although it might be.

I'll be getting photos of this Series today.

Is that yellow a stock color...? Lots of Series on the internets in what looks like that very same shade.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
sIII

I know this place is filled with LR experts, but I think the series III had the headlamps on the wings like that.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Yeah, a IIa, you can tell by the door hinges though I think some really early SIII's may have used IIa door hinges. The front indicator and wing marker lights are SIII.
Copy down the serial number (or Vin) and we'll know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles