Manufacturer UPFITTING MANUALS

FellowTraveler

Explorer
i wonder how many out there use up-fitting manuals for their vehicle before undertaking major mods.

I remember back in the day I had mounted a heavy frt bumper w/winch and hi-lift jack then wondered what happened to change the way the vehicle handled.

Anyway, I searched for and found the up-fitters manuals for my vehicle then for the whole GM truck line. Now I make informed decisions when making changes to center of gravity, front and rear axle loads of my vehicle.

Mount a heavy bumper w/winch in front the up-fitter manuals give you all the easy to understand things to do to get the vehicle back to the way it should handle.

Understanding that lots of things can be done (R&D) to an individuals vehicle that are not covered in the up-fitter manuals but safety and road worthiness are.

Last edited:

NeverEnough

Adventurer
The GM upfitters guidelines were a key reference for my C5500 Topkick build. The entire project adhere's to GM's published dimensions, weights, and chassis modification recommendations. I am all for innovation, but why not use the available tools?

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Up-fitting tech

I went through lots of so-called up-fitters who knew nothing of CG, axle loads
and everything else. So I went to an up-armor professional for enlightenment.

I hope this thread benefits all who enjoy the great outdoors on or off road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior