Around the world since june 2000

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
I don't know if there is a more current thread, this one seems a little dated.
I met Pablo at Expo '12 @ Mormon Lake. Wish I had been able to visit longer. Very nice guy!
Then on Sunday 06/03 I was going to fast on I-17 up Black Canyon hill when I passed what looked like Pablo's Mitsu. takin' it slow & easy as a good veteran traveler should/would. What an inspiration - I just hope I can do the RTW Expedition someday before I die. My "Bucket List"!
Happy trails & Via Con Dios, Pablo! Ric. in Ariz.

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Hey AZ ADVenturist!
Yes, it's true, the tread is a little dated... I've been busy writing the new book in spanish (Por el Mal Camino, On the Wrong Track/On the Bad Route... or something like that) and translating The Independence Book into english...

Just one thing... don't fill too much the Bucket List... sometimes is not necessary to have everything ready and perfect to go overland!

Cheers from Angel Fire, NM!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Celebrating 12 years of Around the World in 10 Years (oooops...) in Moab. This image is from last year, Death Valley, just before Mengel Pass... Salud!

372-EEUU-California-Death Valley N.P.-Butte Valley-Furgo.jpg

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
So many kilometres (and miles!) Since the last post! Cheers from the road, getting closer to the Overland Expo in Arizona....

Guri

Explorer
Hey Viajeros, aca reportandose un compatriota.
We live in LA area, if still in the area may be we can meet somewhere.

Regards.

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Hey Gurí! Here we are, in a family break at Buenos Aires, ya sabés, eating lots of churrascos, facturas and T-bones. We are not sure if we'll go back to California after Arizona, or if we'll go to Texas (more beef!). But it's good to know we can share a mate there.

Cheers and lots of bad roads!

Brodyagi

Observer
Pablo and Anna, Hi! Thanks for the tips on the Darien Gap. Good luck on the road! Abrazamos.:) Vladimir&Nina

Guri

Explorer
Que HDP! (with all my respect!) Just be careful because if you get an "enpacho" then you should ask for somebody who can pull your skin (tirar el cuerito)
Well I hope you can enjoy the vacations in Argentina. We are going tomorrow for a ten days trip to Utah.
I hope we can meet each other some time. Just Pm to me when you are going back.

Regards

Hey Gurí! Here we are, in a family break at Buenos Aires, ya sabés, eating lots of churrascos, facturas and T-bones. We are not sure if we'll go back to California after Arizona, or if we'll go to Texas (more beef!). But it's good to know we can share a mate there.

Cheers and lots of bad roads!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
jajajaja... I added you to my Expedition Portal contacts... I don't know how it works, but, sounds cool. See you somewhere in the north and have a lot of bad roads in Utah!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
FRESH OVERLAND INK. AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS: THE BOOK OF INDEPENDENCE

FRESH OVERLAND INK! After 13 years living on the road, we present our first book in English: AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS: THE BOOK OF INDEPENDENCE! Find it at Amazon.com and other retailers!!!

Portada-The-Book-of-Independence-sin-países-tipo-más-gordo para web.jpg

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
This is what the back cover says:

"I'll never forget that monday when I put the barrel of a gun to my head and fired until I was out of bullets, without stopping to think of what I was doing so I wouldn't have a chance to change my mind. It was my resignation to a future which I already knew, a farewell to a secure job, an adieu to a brillant career in advertising, the microcosm where I had lived for the last twelve long years.

It was ten minutes after ten in the morning an my last words were, more or less 'keep the corpse, I'm leaving.' My body collapsed and I walked out the door."

They're intent on completing their round the world trip in 10 years and, possibly, to invent whatever excuse afterwards to remain in motion. Lonely Planet Magazine

This overland autobiography will leave you laughing aloud, inspiring you to get out and experience another part of the world -one that is well outside your comfort level. Overland Journal Magazine.

And this is the link to the amazon.com page: AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS: THE BOOK OF INDEPENDENCE

Cheers!

098a-EGIPTO-Gizeh-Parking.jpg

syke

Adventurer
Pablo and Anna,
It was very nice to meet you guys at Overland Expo. (We were the couple living in the blue school bus, on the road since last December) We bought the english version of your book and so far it has been an incredible read. Very nice writing style. :)
It was $20 well spent and hopefully it helps keep you guys on the road. Safe travels and maybe one day our paths will cross again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles