M416 for the JK

Gary crouch

Observer
IMG_0277.jpg

m416.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Started building in Feb just finished last week. Started out as your typical M416 in decent shape. Did a axel replacement, spring over, with tires and wheels to match the jeep. Put LED lights on all four corners, 19gal AT water tank, Propane, t 6volt battery's in the nose box, installed a 10lb co2 tank inside. instead of using two shocks to lift the lid, i used a hydraulic lift (like used on boat covers) that is controlled by a switch.. easy for my wife :)

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 61

willywaxer

Yes, please...more pics! Looks like a great build you have going on. I'm just finishing my M416 build to match my JK as well. My new axle arrives tomorrow. The first one I ordered was too long (wheels stuck out too much). I had to also order a new set of lid lifts, as my custom steel lid was heavier than I thought (first ones rated 150lbs each, new ones 250). I'm especially interested in your water tank installation.

Gary crouch

Observer
lift tent deploy.jpg

Lid lift.jpg

Water tank install.jpg

instead of using shocks to lift the lid (mines not the lightest either) I found a screw unit that is powered by the twin 6volt batteries in the nose box. It's rated to lift 500lbs with no effort. I think you find them mostly used in marine applications, like lifting the engine cover on a large boat. I got if off ebay for a hundred bucks.. It works super cool, quiet and opens and closes fast. I can open it with the tent deployed and even with my wife inside!! Like a reclining bed..lol
I do have it attached so in the unlikely event it would break or the battery's went dead while it was shut, I can simply unbolt it from outside and pull a pin and lift the lid manually.

The water tank I got from AT trailers (pretty pricey) but works real nice. I bought a small battery (4-d cells) pump I can stick down inside and it pumps a small shower head... works real sweet.

Gary crouch

Observer
jeep & trailer in drive.jpg

trailer in driveway.jpg

interior light.jpg

A couple more finished shots.. and one showing the LED light inside the box. Used brake lines inside and underneath the trailer to run the wires through. Last think that still needs to be done is sand and linex the inside.. I was in a hurry to use it so now I have to get that done!

I have white LED lights on all four outside corners and the one inside, they are all swithced seperately and work super cool

willywaxer

Really nice Gary. Mine is very similar, but I like the way you solved some of the issues....like extending the fenders for wider tires while incorporating side storage trays on either side. I am trying to figure a lock mechanism for my lid, which looks exactly like yours except with standard lifts. I guess your power lift solves this problem since it secures the lid when it is down...any worry that you cant open it when without power? I'd like some sort of locking pin or something simple.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Looks great.. I'm building one similar.. CDN M101

046d1cbb.jpg

9bde32d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary crouch

Observer
I was worried about the lid being locked shut somehow as well... so the top is attached with a bolt that runs from the outsdie of the lid. I n case the thing were to break or the battery went dead, I could simple take a socket and unbolt it from the outside and the top of the lift will come loose from the lid. From the out side all you see is a bolt head and I don't think anyone would even know what it was for.

Gary crouch

Observer
Cdn 101

Very cool. really like the cdn 101's yours looks like a great match to your jeep. Did you use the same paint?

Tell me about the awning I see in the picture.. how do you carry it?

gary

kealo7769

How much time and money do you have in these trailers roughly? I am building a trailer similar from scrath and some people say they are too expensive to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier