hummer rims for srw

lehel1

Adventurer
awesome

please keep us posted on your findings. i would like to do a full spare and maybe a whole new set of wheels for mine.

the stockton wheels we had built are way out of round and take alot to balance, this might be the ticket we all are looking for here in the states.

cheers lehel

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
1 on that. I'd sure like to be able to get to 35 or so inch tires to get my rpm down at 60+ mph (2002 so 5.714 axle ratio).
Perhaps if we got enough interest we all could do a group buy and save some money ?

dvofg

Do you have the specs for the stockton rims? If you do that would help figure out the back spacing

Amesz00

Adventurer
from memory H1 rims are bolt-together 2-piece aluminium wheels with an internal beadlocking ring, i think manufactured by hutchinson. (lots use thier 20" rims in similar spec for unimogs). and theyre 16.5". what tyres would you plan on using, stock H1 37s?

micklongley

Observer
I know this thread is old, but has anyone had any luck with having Trail Worthy Fab make some wheels that would work with the Fuso??? I'd love to get up to a bigger tire size with the Hummer take-offs.

Thanks,
Mick

micklongley

Observer
So I checked with Andy at Trail Worthy Fab and he isn't able to make the H1 wheels work for my '97 Fuso FH with 6 lug wheels. If anyone knows of other sources for US made wheels please let me know. I've tried Rickson but I don't think they ever have anyone at their office - Voicemails and Emails have been ignored...

Thanks,
Mick
1997 Fuso FH211

bowzer

So I checked with Andy at Trail Worthy Fab and he isn't able to make the H1 wheels work for my '97 Fuso FH with 6 lug wheels. If anyone knows of other sources for US made wheels please let me know. I've tried Rickson but I don't think they ever have anyone at their office - Voicemails and Emails have been ignored...

Thanks,
Mick
1997 Fuso FH211
P1000211.jpg

1998 Fuso fg. Stockton wheels cracked while on vacation out west, and I was lucky to make it home. I had marsh racing wheels build two rear 17x8 to keep her mobile. I don't really know what direction I'm going with it now. Keep it singles or change back??? I'll worry about it after winter.

bowzer

The Stockton wheels were slotted and the new MRW wheels are solid. They were built to the same specs as far as backspace, etc. There was some thought that the Stockton wheels were flexing due to the "slots".

I still have Stockton wheels on the front that are solid center and have not had a problem.

I did notice that the centers of the MRW wheels are beefier than the Stockton wheels. To the untrained eye (me) the welds look good, and Brant at MRW was easy to work with.

micklongley

Observer
Need specifics for MRW

I just spoke with Brendt at MRW and he remembers making the wheels for you but doesn't have the specifics (backspacing, centers, etc). He needs to look it up by name or order number - would you be able to supply those specifics to the board???

Thanks!
Mick

JRhetts

Adventurer
Stockton wheels cracked while on vacation out west, and I was lucky to make it home.

I had Stockton rims on a vehicle [un-named, but listed below in my signature] and had 3 separate catastrophic rim cracks — each one starting at the valve hole. Stockton denied any responsibility for the failures, despite several knowledgeable experts diagnosing the obvious common problem. I would be VERY WARY of doing business with them on any account!!

In an effort to get the stronger rims I needed, I spoke with Rickson several times. They did not ever offer to solve my rim needs [it seemed like they were working on other projects that might net them more work, understandable to me as I was a VERY small customer], but on the other hand they seemed very knowledgeable and never promised anything they could not deliver. I would go back to them if I needed help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles