An Axe - Seriously?

ZMagic97

Explorer
Whenever I go camping I usually find wood in the area except on rare occasions. For this, I take my axe. However, I only bring it when I go on trips. Normall I store it at home until it is needed.

craig333

Expedition Leader
What the heck is a flapper? We carried brush hooks on our rigs too but in seven seasons I never once used one. All depends on the terrain.

IrishXJ

Observer
What the heck is a flapper? We carried brush hooks on our rigs too but in seven seasons I never once used one. All depends on the terrain.

http://firesafetyplus.com/heavydutyfireflapperwithfiberglasshandle.aspx

They're great at smothering out small brush fires. They're also not labor-intensive, so they're easier to use throughout the day.

Here's some pictures of the Pulaski I mounted up yesterday on the truck:

KgR8hBq.jpg

QsfMhmX.jpg

PaintRock

Adventurer
Wow, this is one long thread. I always have an inexpensive axe in the truck. I know it depends on where you camp, but sometimes it's just not camping without a campfire. How are you supposed to fuel a campfire without an axe and a saw? Plus, an axe has to be one of the easiest things to find room for. You can just about cram them anywhere.

BTW IrishXJ, your Pulaski looks like it's just waiting to draw blood like that :)

Last edited:

IrishXJ

Observer
BTW IrishXJ, your Pulaski looks like it's just waiting to draw blood like that :)

It's only sitting there for photography purposes right now. I've got a nylon sheath coming for it whenever I actually throw it in the bed for a more meaningful purpose. Trust me, if there's a way for me to cut myself on sharp objects, I will totally find a way.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
... An ax forged in the fires of Mount Doom...

I have a thing for nice axes, but am generally too cheap to pay for really high quality when my Ace Hardware specials do the job. However, I think I would be willing to pay $500 for such an axe forged in such fires.

This post totally made my day. Thanks, Irish

Honu

lost on the mainland
always like watching competition stuff and seeing how fast some folks can cut with out using a chainsaw :)

p nut

butter
Just watched "Happy People: A Year in the Taiga" last night on Netflix. Their livelihood depends on their axe, it seems. Made me want to go build a hut and live off the land for the next few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94