Soft Shackle

ripperj

Explorer
How are the posers supposed to hang those off their recovery points on their mall cruisers.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

robert

Expedition Leader
How are the posers supposed to hang those off their recovery points on their mall cruisers.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I feel sure that soft shackles would clash with the tow strap/rope wrapped around the bumper.

On a related note, I'm lazy so these days I just leave shackles on my front recovery points. In order to stop the typical casual thief I ran a piece of stainless cable through the pins and clamped it with a hammer type ferrule. The cable will have to be cut to get them off; easy enough but most folks don't carry bolt cutters or a Dremel with them. Daystar urethane isolators keep them from clanking or rattling.

Bigunit

Adventurer
That's a lot of work and effort to leave the shackle on vs. just unscrewing the pin out and removing it for the few times that you actually need to use it. No offense...just sayin. BTW, I'm one of those few folks that carry a bolt cutter and a Dremel. :eek:

robert

Expedition Leader
That's a lot of work and effort to leave the shackle on vs. just unscrewing the pin out and removing it for the few times that you actually need to use it. No offense...just sayin. BTW, I'm one of those few folks that carry a bolt cutter and a Dremel. :eek:

Nah, I had the extra cable and ferrules laying around from another project; cut to length, insert both ends in ferrule and whack it two or three times with a hammer. I probably ought to take them off but then I'd have to get a larger recovery bag to store them and most of my off-roading seems to be sorta impromptu anyways.

I keep a combo hack/bow saw in my tool bag so it wouldn't be hard to take them off if I needed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne