RTT Tie downs

Tim A

Adventurer
Hi, I don't understand your question. Do you mean tie it down when it's open or closed?

Tim A

Adventurer
I would say that the best way (or the way that I chose haha) is this:

clamp.jpg

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I bolted mine down through the wooden base into the side rails of my trailer. Since I didn't want my lid to open, it saved some weight by not having a lid, and using the RTT to keep water out.

-

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
I guess I was unclear as to my question, I consider those shown so far to be tent mounting brackets and not tie downs which keep the tent and cover attached while in travel, sorry for the confusion and I hope this was more clear otherwise I'll let the topic rest.

Thanks

w6jds

Tim A

Adventurer
I guess I was unclear as to my question, I consider those shown so far to be tent mounting brackets and not tie downs which keep the tent and cover attached while in travel, sorry for the confusion and I hope this was more clear otherwise I'll let the topic rest.

Thanks

w6jds

Oh OK. My Howling Moon came with 3/4" straps that use velcro to hold the cover to the tent. However, ratchet straps would be even more secure IMO.

Gary crouch

Observer
My cvt has two long Velcro straps which seem to work fine. I don't see a real need for anything else? The top on the cvt rtt zips all the way around the bottom, so it's not going anywhere even if the straps came loose. The whole thing would have to come unbolted off the rack to fly off !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94