New Superwinch Talon Series

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like Superwinch has a new series of winches out. I really like the stats on these, but hate the marketing name and they should be painted black not dark blue.

http://www.superwinch.com/products/category/Talon+Series/4377.0.1.1.29903.84269.0.0.0

147624-lg.jpg

51rDhLst-DL.jpg

herm

Adventurer
i like the small one. would be great for my reciver mounted winch, just have to carry an extension if i need it.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Yes they are. The older EP series had replaceable Albright solenoids that were also waterpoof. It makes it easy to carry and extra, in case you need on in the field.

windsock

Adventurer
I don't get what I am looking at... wire rope with an overbraid layer and an aluminium hawse fairlead? Am I seeing it right?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
You are not mistaken. I think they are just messed up the pictures. I cannot find one with the Synthetic Line. I'm guessing these wire ropes painted blue are supposed to be stand ins for synthetic stuff.

opie

Explorer
One of them in the above link has a tube thimble and sling hook on the end and it's clear there is synthetic line in the thimble but wire rope on the drum.

Probably just saving money using photoshop.

windsock

Adventurer
Cheers, yep, I can see some inconsistent image around the hooks and hawse now I look closer. Photoshop simply hadn't occured to me and I thought this was some crazy new method of spooling rope. :D

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor

Mirage

Their site is just high period, I wouldn't judge it too harshly (nor would I buy direct, ha) they list the EPi9.0 (wire rope) for $990, I paid $599 from summit racing a few months ago, same for the 20k pulley block is listed at $82 and I paid ~$50 from amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles