new van, project, and scared van

coguzzi

Adventurer
well, after years of rolling VW syncro's, 5 of them to be exact with multiple subaru conversions (last one is a SVX 6 cylinder) i finally bit the bullit and bought a van from 2040Javier.

1997 7.3psd, 4x4 w/ dana 60 front and sterling 10.5 rear. i took delivery last night. here it is sitting in my driveway in CO

picture.php

and before it left Chula Vista

picture.php

i havent even had time to take it for a spin yet. this should be a big project, so stay tuned. need to contact DSW4x4 (colorado camper vans) to set up an appointment to discuss a poptop build. then built to suit interior for travelin and moto haulin. VW's dint make the best moto haulers and perhaps i finaly outgrew the platform

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Pop topping that van will make an already sweet van even sweeter!!!
Give me a call and we can stew over your ideas.
Derek

coguzzi

Adventurer
much progress has been made, im actually almost to the "its done point" of this project. i dont post much on here but do have a build thread over on spoertsmobile forum

http://sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6869

but here is a pic from last weekend in NM above the rio grande
attachment.php

around ski valley
attachment.php

at mary jane last winter
attachment.php

and the moto rack i just made more structural
attachment.php

i have some interior shots somehwere--pretty basic, propex furnace, truck fridge, minor easily removable cabinet and rear bench seat that allows one moto to fit inside. easily converted to people hauler in 5 minutes if need be

notmiller

Observer
oh yeah--my 14 yr old sheep dog has a hard time getting in and out, hense the ramp

A true dog owner! It's kinda sad how many of my build decisions are based around my dogs! I joke to my wife that when we have kids the dogs will still take precedent.

coguzzi

Adventurer
my dogs are my kids, and my wife agrees--ha. we have had an elderly dog ever since we have been together which has had its challenges, my springer spaniel died 2 year ago at 13 and struggled the last 2 years, her sheep dog is now 14 and doing pretty good really, but has a hard time with the van--and some of the hikes on the last trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne