Fuel Cell for a water tank

EBT531

Has anyone ever used a fuel cell (new never used of course) as a water tank? My thought is that it would be made to a thicker standard vs an rv water tank, has a larger fill top, and the price isnt much different.

I should add this would NOT be for drinking water, but rather as shower water etc.

Thoughts?

wjeeper

We talking the plastic style fuel cells, or the steel cased bladder style units?

Myself I have thought a few times about using a spun aluminum tank like an old fashoned hot rod.......
spun-aluminum-gas-tanks-10x30-end-fill_270578598531.jpg

I just think they look cool.......and I don't see much of an issue with them being used for potable water once they are sanitized with bleach.

EBT531

We talking the plastic style fuel cells, or the steel cased bladder style units?

Myself I have thought a few times about using a spun aluminum tank like an old fashoned hot rod.......
spun-aluminum-gas-tanks-10x30-end-fill_270578598531.jpg

I just think they look cool.......and I don't see much of an issue with them being used for potable water once they are sanitized with bleach.

I was thinking the plastic style without foam, but your idea looks way cooler.

sasfrontier

Observer
I was looking at summit racing the last time i was in Atlanta and though about the same thing. They do make all aluminum ones without bladders that i think would be safe for drinking water. I was thinking about something like this

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-293210/

It would be easily filled and already has fittings in the lowest part of the tank, and has a fitting installed for venting as well. You would just have to purchase fittings to convert the an fittings to whatever you decided to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior