Snow in AZ in April and Verde river crossing.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
A little snowy, muddy trip to the Verde river.
The trip report: http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2011/04/trip-to-childs-verde-river-crossing.html

P4100114.jpg

Snow.
P4090062.jpg

Clutch killing Mud.
P4090082.jpg

The River.
P4090089.jpg

The video.

JeremyM

Observer
Nice pics - sounds like a lot of fun. We were out ourselves last Saturday - tried running from Cherry to Jerome on the Goat Peak/Mingus Mountain trails. Didn't work out for us though as we got the point where traction was just too much of a problem, went back around and dropped down the front side into Cottonwood instead.

Pretty cool to see snow in that low in AZ in April.

SOAZ

Nice pics - sounds like a lot of fun. We were out ourselves last Saturday - tried running from Cherry to Jerome on the Goat Peak/Mingus Mountain trails. Didn't work out for us though as we got the point where traction was just too much of a problem, went back around and dropped down the front side into Cottonwood instead.

Pretty cool to see snow in that low in AZ in April.

Jeremy,
I know what you mean on traction. The trucks were doing okay, but the bike had enough. That mud was unlike any I've dealt with. "Baby poop!" :Wow1:

Lichen

Explorer
One of my favorite rides. Back in the '70's, you could spend two days on the road and never see another soul except maybe a cowboy on horseback.

Quill

Adventurer
I haven't been there since moving from AZ. Did you use the hot springs? Use to see some scantily clad people at the springs. Well some weren't clad at all.

SOAZ

One of my favorite rides. Back in the '70's, you could spend two days on the road and never see another soul except maybe a cowboy on horseback.
From Bloody Basin north it's still pretty quiet until you cross the Verde. Then it's like a zoo. Foretunately there are plenty of rougher roads around that area with almost no one on them.

I haven't been there since moving from AZ. Did you use the hot springs? Use to see some scantily clad people at the springs. Well some weren't clad at all.
Didn't go to the hot springs this time. We were so beat after the epic of getting that bike through the slop that we all felt lazy. I can't wait to go back when it's hotter out and enjoy the river and the hot springs. It's sad, Hot Springs attract "un" clad people, but just not the pretty ones. :Wow1:

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
From Bloody Basin north it's still pretty quiet until you cross the Verde. Then it's like a zoo. Foretunately there are plenty of rougher roads around that area with almost no one on them.

Didn't go to the hot springs this time. We were so beat after the epic of getting that bike through the slop that we all felt lazy. I can't wait to go back when it's hotter out and enjoy the river and the hot springs. It's sad, Hot Springs attract "un" clad people, but just not the pretty ones. :Wow1:

Nothing a six pack or keg couldn't make attractive.:sombrero:

Willman

Nice Tim!

That river crossing looks cool!

What size tires are you running now? Look bigger.....

:smiley_drive:

SOAZ

Nice Tim!

That river crossing looks cool!

What size tires are you running now? Look bigger.....

:smiley_drive:

Reminds me of a good line from Fletch: "Chick Hearn: Hes 6-5, with the afro 6-9. 4 Million dollars a year sure..but he's worth every penny. Fletch, he defines grace under pressure." :elkgrin:

They are still the BFG KM2 255/85/16. With the mud? Maybe a 34 inch tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles