hdemetrious

Adventurer
IMAG0273.jpg
IMAG0274.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0272.jpg

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Ya know I'm getting really sick and tired of this stuff!!!

If you're going to jerry-rig up a camper on a 4wd vehicle, using spare parts you found behind the wood shed, at least try to retain some sort of departure and/or approach angle!!! :mad:

:hehe:

greg mgm

Explorer
I feel bad for that Jeep...how embarrassing.
As for the camper, cardboard and duct tape would look infinitely better.
The tow bar? Jeezzz....Using a receiver for a tow bar....?
What is the part hangin down on the front?

4xdog

Explorer
I think the hangy-down thing is the always-useful, front-mounted, rear-facing third brake light.

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I'm totally amused by this one!!!

Reminds me of my dad who passed away recently. He never liked to throw anything away because "he might use it someday." I think dad would have been proud of this fellow (though he would have been slightly disappointed the jeep was way too new to own)

:ylsmoke:

UHAULER

Explorer
I like it, its different and he probably uses it more than most people on this forum with their perfectly built "model" rigs with all of their bolt on snorkels, limb risers,nerf bars, bumpers,roof racks and other stuff.

Newtac11

Observer
I have never been more confused that trying to decipher what I see here...

Hippie sticker,
Question Authority sticker,
Military post registration sticker!
and a quonset hut? (Marine adapting and overcoming?)

From what I can see of the interior, it looks clean and manageable (and the Styrofoam cooler is a lot cheaper than an Engle).That said, the only design flaw I see is the tow hitch front ends ability to take the load and the fore mentioned departure angle.

Overall....I LIKE IT. Since the Fliptop camper for the Jeep is going for 5-7k (and if I remember right it's only for the 4door), I'd say he saved about.... well, 5-7k.:D

Doin watcha can with watcha got....Thats EXPO!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Wow. Hats off to him (or her). :clapsmile This recycling camper looks kinda atrocious (especially from the rear) but he got it done and it apparently works for him.

I love it, the pure spirit of exploring. :victory:

hdemetrious

Adventurer
Is it that hard to appreciate what has been presented? Just post something that will contribute. That is not a difficult principle.

CUCV GRV

KJ6ZWQ
I like the crusty mobile as I call them. Would I drive it no. Do I appreciate his thinking outside the box yes. The rear facing brake light is so he can hang it on a hook next to his mountain bike in his garage when not in use

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
The rear wall needs to be finished better. Has a slightly 'infected' look. Otherwise it appears useful. Hope it meets the owners requirements.

sarconcepts

Adventurer
I think it's cool, I especially like the skylight down the middle of the roof.
it's really not a bad concept, they just didn't think out all the details first (like the rear wall)
I think using smooth aluminum on the sides instead of the barn siding, as well as on the back & front walls, & a good detail where they meet would've made all the difference in the world.
granted the rack on the back & front should go.
I don't think it's anywhere near long enough to sleep in though,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles