parking lot find

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Is it that hard to appreciate what has been presented? Just post something that will contribute. That is not a difficult principle.

I have a bit of an issue with this...
I never appreciate some abrasive words and outright negativity, but are we now supposed to agree and praise every random contraption that is out there in the world?
This thing leaves a lot to be desired, good for them for trying to think outside the box, but c'mon, there are a number of design change that could be made easily and benefit the overall vehicle/contraption.

That's my contribution...

Riptide

Explorer
Every time I see something like this, I can't help but think of the great divide between what the DOT won't let us have on the roads (like 70 series LC's), and what we apparently ARE allowed to have on the road...

Just sayin...

kerry

Expedition Leader
I really like the galvanized window well surround which holds the spare tire. I've got some of that raised panel roofing left over from the roofing job on my house 20 years ago, if someone wants to repeat this.

Shiryas

Adventurer
My contribution would be reading his license plates. Seeing the DAV and his camper would be enough for me to offer him a beer and listen to his travels.

CLynn85

Explorer
Other than having no clue what is actually going on, I kind of like it... Assuming it's someone who cobbled something together to actually go camp in. The fact that it has NY plates and was spotted in FL would kind of indicate that much. The only thing that REALLY confuses me is the setup on the front, with the receiver, and downward pointed rearward facing front mounted third brake light???

wjeeper

Yeah its cobbled together.......but at least the owner is getting out there! More than I can say for myself (as can many members on this board)

arlon

Adventurer
I like it, its different and he probably uses it more than most people on this forum with their perfectly built "model" rigs with all of their bolt on snorkels, limb risers,nerf bars, bumpers,roof racks and other stuff.

I'm a total gear head and and really appreciate that kind of inginuity. My hats off to a guy that has something unique and it probably gets him "out of town" a lot more than the rest of us. The angles of the tow bar do worry me a bit though..

DAV.. DisAbled Veteran

chet

island Explorer
is it long enough to sleep in? does it keep him dry? if so more power to him/her. I think its pretty cool.(until the sun comes up!)

Itsavanman

Adventurer
I bet I could guess where in NY this was from id say somewhere around the cooperstown - binghampton area.. I am all for the f-it im gonna build it, don't care if you like it attitude.. as for a usable camper thats small, its turns my crank.. I would bet the basket is removable as well as the front stuff... but that style of building really seems like it should be on a square headlight wrangler lol....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne