Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

kb7our

Explorer
Took mine out for an overnighter in the desert. Didn't take a single picture. I took out the double air mattress and put in my tried and true Big Agnus bag and air mattress. Better than sheets and blanket, for me. The kitchen is the bomb. I use my air hose to blow all the dirt off the back before I open up.
I found out I can take a whole lot less than I used to and have everything I need. Getting better, easier and more fun as I learn how to use everything.

I really like your faucet setup and will be contemplating similar ideas soon. For now the hand sprayer will have to do. Remind me, do you have an air tank and compressor or are you using something like a PowerTank? I have an ARB compressor under the hood but no air tank so really can't use the hose as a blower but I would like to.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Sure thing FP. Yes, red on top and black on bottom. The red is Red Rock so more of a Sedona Red Rock/burgundy color rather than a bright red. It should either look amazing or like a mistake - we will see!

I think it will look great. Ever since I saw the Ursa Minor Pop Top 30 with the same combination in black/white I was sold.

2210ba78d8a1cee6f6458350876efa84.jpg

-Dan

DingusKahn

Adventurer
I really like your faucet setup and will be contemplating similar ideas soon. For now the hand sprayer will have to do. Remind me, do you have an air tank and compressor or are you using something like a PowerTank? I have an ARB compressor under the hood but no air tank so really can't use the hose as a blower but I would like to.

I have the ARB dual motor compressor installed in the cubby in back. I built about a 3 gal tank out of a piece of pipe and put it between the gas tank and the rear axle. I then ran 1/2" air line to the front and rear bumpers. I welded a fitting to the bumper and screwed in the quick release and a gauge to both.
That faucet works great. It folds up out of the way easily, and is in a good spot to use with the table up or down.

kb7our

Explorer
Fingers Crossed - UMV has AT scheduled to pick up my Habitat in one more week!

For those of you waiting on your campers, I think I am now between #9 and #12 set for pickup by AT next Monday so they can have it painted and do the final assembly. It depends on how AT vs. UMV is counting units and whether the first two prototypes are in the mix, etc. as to where mine actually falls. UMV seems to be cranking out the J30s and so I am very hopeful that further delays on the Habitats have been overcome. If something changes with UMV fab completion I will keep you posted as I know there are likely other customers out there trusting that schedules hold up. Right now the status as I know it is 7 days for UMV to come through.

:jump:

Veterans - thanks for your service!!!!!

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Can't wait until you get it! I've been trying to schedule a time to meet Mario (was originally next Monday) but his schedule keeps changing. Thanksgiving isn't helping either. I've got a cross country trip next week and I'm trying to see the j30 and habitat in person to decide which one I want to buy, but having trouble tracking one down to put my hands on!

kb7our

Explorer
Can't wait until you get it! I've been trying to schedule a time to meet Mario (was originally next Monday) but his schedule keeps changing. Thanksgiving isn't helping either. I've got a cross country trip next week and I'm trying to see the j30 and habitat in person to decide which one I want to buy, but having trouble tracking one down to put my hands on!

Once mine does arrive I'd be happy to show anyone who is in the Phoenix area who wants to stop by or meet up somewhere and not drive to Prescott (although I highly recommend visiting the AT guys who are the distributor for the Habitat). I had a similar situation trying to decide until I saw both units in person. For me, if the J30 had more torso room at the back where you could sit up like an Autohome Columbus then that "may" have swayed me. It's a nice unit for sure and if I had to guess which one you could have sooner it would be the J30 (your actual mileage may vary). When I looked at the Habitat several times, saw the Nemo tent plus all the extra room up top for gear, changing, etc. (even though it all travels in the Jeep anyway) I finally decided after some waivering on the Habitat. Unfortunately unless we start getting more deliveries very soon some of you guys are going to have to bid on mine ;). Just kidding as I've been waiting for this for too long and besides the two-tone paint wouldn't match most of the JKs out there! Five days and counting before AT pickup is scheduled to occur!

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Come through southern New Mexico and you cans spend the night in mine. BYOB - Bring your own Bag! I'll even park it in the warehouse so it's not so cold. Hit 28 last night.

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Once mine does .... Five days and counting before AT pickup is scheduled to occur!

Then it's going to take a little time to get all your stuff set up. I'm up for a test trip with you if you want. Let's do it in southern AZ though. The higher elevation over here is getting COLD already.
I have to fix my steering box, or rather replace the dang thing. New AGR system should be here any day. 37" tires are hard on the stock box I found out. Evidently I'm lucky to get as much time out of the stock box as I did. A lot of people have them go out in a matter of months. I have over 32000 miles and just now having problems. Then I will be heading for AT to get the problems with the texturing fixed. Not sure when.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Come through southern New Mexico and you cans spend the night in mine. BYOB - Bring your own Bag! I'll even park it in the warehouse so it's not so cold. Hit 28 last night.

I would love to at least climb around in it for a few minutes if you don't mind! I sent you a private message a few days ago actually, I'll probably be around New Mexico about this time next week.
I'm going to check in with Mario at the end of the week to see what his schedule is like, but that would be awesome if I could stop by. I'm just taking a commuter car down to Louisiana before my two week hitch at work so I can move my travels by a day or two if its more convenient for you.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
How close is the zip on awning?

Closer. I just tested another pre-production unit last week. It is a nice size: 92" wide x 188" long. There are a few changes still to be be made. It is anticipated to become available in the Spring as it will be sewn in Asia by NEMO and the lead time can be a a few months for overseas mfg. The final design will be compatible with the Habitat zipper attachments well as have webbing loops to attach to a conventional roof rack.
HabAwnSide2.jpgHabAwnRear1.jpgHabAwnRear2.jpgHabAwnSide1.jpg

kb7our

Explorer
Then it's going to take a little time to get all your stuff set up. I'm up for a test trip with you if you want. Let's do it in southern AZ though. The higher elevation over here is getting COLD already.
I have to fix my steering box, or rather replace the dang thing. New AGR system should be here any day. 37" tires are hard on the stock box I found out. Evidently I'm lucky to get as much time out of the stock box as I did. A lot of people have them go out in a matter of months. I have over 32000 miles and just now having problems. Then I will be heading for AT to get the problems with the texturing fixed. Not sure when.

I'm definitely open for a trip depending on timing of the actual Habitat delivery.

On the steering box, are you getting the famous clunky steering feel? I greased the steering linkage under the black rubber boot with "heavy" fifth wheel grease (you have to remove the metal boot seals and replace with zip ties) from info I read on one of the Jeep forums and that removed the clunk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles