Thread: Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

I hope we get some good news soon about production plus there are some questions stacking up.
    '07 Red Rock Jeep Sahara JKU - Replaced w/'14 Anvil JKURX
    AT Habitat #12 - Replaced w/'14 AT CHASER

Anyone else receive their Habitat since production #1? I noticed the J30 thread seems stagnant too. Getting a little concerned as another summer arrives.

I think with the prep work on the Expeditions & rigs, the pending Overland Expo and who knows what else the crew at Adventure Trailers, Nemo, and Ecamper are all too busy to chime in...
    At least I hope that is the case. I have to say I have been impressed how calm and supportive all the people who put down deposits at the beginning have been, way better than I could be.
    It would be really really cool to see these in person at the Overland Expo, I remember the Nemo one Mario brought to TacoDoc's event a few months ago, very cool setup that would have gotten me to buy a JK instead of my burb if it had been aval.
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Wade trying to get specific information from us by posting up on a forum is a little hit or miss. Shoot us an e mail if you have questions and we'll answer as soon as we can, as always we'll let you know if the information is for general consumption or specifically for you.

The Habitat shell is at the painter.
    The tent is on track for delivery
    We are waiting on the torsion bar from the forge.

We are working our fingers to the bone keeping up with the orders for trailers, Habitats, and vehicle modifications. Good problems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by kb7our View Post
    I hope we get some good news soon about production plus there are some questions stacking up.
    - status: Yes, production has resumed using a small batch of torsion bars that came in.
    - latches: great suggestion, we'll have a look at some other options, most available ones are either white, stainless or zinc. They come assembled, so powdercoating/painting them is challenging.
    - NEMO tent/awning: that'll be a NEMO question

Quote Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
    ...pending Overland Expo and who knows what else...
    We are just clocking out of the shop right now. Sounds like AT is in same mode - I must agree w/Martyn, if there's something specific when things are busy - email is best, or swing by our booth at the show.

cheers,
    John
    2010 Honda Element LX Ecamper - 2007 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Camper - Assorted paddling craft, couple bikes and mounds of baby gear...
    www.ursaminorvehicles.com

Things are moving along. Habitat #004 is at the painter and will be picked up tomorrow. Habitats #005 & #006 will be ready to ship off to the painter this Friday. The first of a batch of NEMO tents have shipped to AT and are due Thursday. Here is a picture picture of composite parts in process, awaiting assembly and getting the finishing touches before going off to paint.....it's all coming together at long last.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mario Donovan, Trailer & Vehicle Builder and Traveller.
    12' JK Rubicon w/ Habitat, self contained, 48K miles & counting
    92' Jeep MJ, 371K+ miles of dust & joy, retired
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

www.adventuretrailers.com
    ATOverland

great updates from all of you guys....I am sure it really helps those who have been waiting and for those thinking about a Habitat.

All the parts look top notch and it will be nice to see it again at the Expo
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Quote Originally Posted by elcoyote View Post
    Things are moving along. Habitat #004 is at the painter and will be picked up tomorrow. Habitats #005 & #006 will be ready to ship off to the painter this Friday. The first of a batch of NEMO tents have shipped to AT and are due Thursday. Here is a picture picture of composite parts in process, awaiting assembly and getting the finishing touches before going off to paint.....it's all coming together at long last.
    Nice to see! I expect my top may fall within the next batch of torsion bars so hopefully just a couple of months away from delivery. Did you guys identify a good paint match for matte factory black? I'm still leaning in that direction over the glossy for a better match to the AEV bumper paint scheme, with the cap matched to the JKU body. The black glossy just isn't doing it for me .

To help back these guys up a bit. It takes a serious effort to get any product to market. I can empathize completely with what Martyn and crew are dealing with.

Martyn...keep up the great work. You guys have proven your worth and offer fantastic knowledge and products. Looking forward to seeing this product on a JK soon.

Cheers,
    Chad
    Chad J. Austin
    Car-a-holic / Tool junky / Design Guru
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro4x

What is there to stop rain from coming in the front of the tent?

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast